Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need help with cmpexporter issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I got interested in doing some models in my spare time. Started off with a asteroid and textured it. Now I downloaded and installed 3dsmax8 and installed cmpexplorer as suggested in Swallow's Guide in modeling.

When I boot 3dsmax an error message comes saying unable to read/register the cmpexporter plugging. I hit okay and 3dsmax opens up normally but there is no cmpexporter when I try to export it

Anyone knows what is the issue?
Also not sure if I installed a 32bit or 64bit 3dsmax and the cmpexporter is only 32bit. How can I tell ? Can that be an issue if 3dsmax8 is 64bit and it's not compatible with the 32bit plugging?

Edit:
https://p3d.in/A1WEa --

The error pops up because you allocated the plugin in a wrong folder - in which folder you did put the plugin?
Asper the version, check the setup installer, there should be written either x32 or x64.
You are probably using another version of the exporter (likely designed for 3ds Max 2009 or 2011, because such versions of the plugin do exist).
Another option is the 64bit version of Max you have installed.

Solution: Reinstall 3ds Max 2008's 32bit version and try again. If you want, you can hit me up on Skype and we can talk.

Also - post a screenshot of what you have done, I am curious to see it.
https://p3d.in/EMgj3

That was my first test. (Mind you I have fairly good experience in creating models)

As for now I have no access to my desktop till probably 22:00 utc.
The model is not showing up (probably set to private view).
I told him to try modeling freelancer stuff by trying it with an asteroid, so he learns the steps to do for each single thing (modeling, texturing, hardpointing, hitboxing, mid-life-crisising). The asteroid he modeled looked quite good, with a nice texture and shape.
Yeh it is in private view. Don't know how to set it as public view. (Doing this from my phone so bare with me).
Removed privacy - now everyone can see
(04-07-2017, 01:57 PM)Zyliath Wrote: [ -> ]

The error pops up because you allocated the plugin in a wrong folder - in which folder you did put the plugin?
Asper the version, check the setup installer, there should be written either x32 or x64.

Installed it in the Pluggings folder.