Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery and Star Citzen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone,

I have looked through the Forums on here for something related to Star Citizen.
I am curious if this Community has a movement on Star Citizenin preperation for when the game goes LIVE with the persistent Universe?
Freelancer and Star Citizen are simply not the same thing, not the same universe, completely different games with different mechanics.

There's no "offical Discovery" move or anything.
Doesn't this game have exorbitant system requirements? Isn't it supposed to be sold or subscribed to for a hefty price?
These points might make any sort of movement pointless for quite a lot of people.
I s'pose the amount of people that move over would depend on the quality of the finished product.

I imagine that once the final product comes out & I like it enough, I'll be looking for a way to adapt gaian & zoner concepts into something that'll fit that 'verse but it all just depends on if SC can get my imagination going like freelancer does.

I also imagine that I'm not the only person around here with possible adaptation in mind.
The price for the game might exceed in most cases more than our members have spent on their hardware which will be a major "no" against moving on to that game
A lot of people from the community have already shown themselves on the SC forums early on. I myself have been following it since prior to its announcement, and have my Golden Ticket.

As it is right now however, it remains unfinished with a lot of bugs, but it's still entertaining to play.
From my investigations into the Star Citizen game.
The purchasing of the game is a one time deal.
So when you buy a game package then that is it, you get a full version, life time license.
This is NOT going to be like World of Warcraft with a monthly subscription fee. I personally hate those kind of games, which you need to pay an ongoing extortion for the privilege. Ha-Ha.

In Star Citizen you can buy a game package as cheap as $45 for a Aurora class ship which gives you a starter ship, a star flea equivalent and a Full Version Unlocked game.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledg...SC-Starter
You can spend anywhere from $45 to the awesome $15,000 package.

Link above has everything you need to know about the game it self.
To each their own & all that, but speaking for myself, I'm not going to spend any money at all for a full version of an unfinished game...It just ain't worth it to shell out money to play with so many bugs & be someones troubleshooter.

If, however, the finished game has most of the bugs worked out & doesn't resort to microtransactions at that point, I'll be happy to shell out my money for it.
System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements[19] for Star Citizen, as of March 16, 2016 (Star Citizen Alpha 2.2.2) are:[20]

OS (Operating System): Windows 7 service pack 1 (64 bit), or Windows 8 (64 bit)
Processor: Quad core CPU more that Intel i5 1700
RAM: 8GB Memory
GPU (Graphics Card): DirectX 11 graphics card with at least 4GB Video RAM
Recommended System Requirements As of June 11, 2016, Alpha 2.4.0 are:

OS (Operating System) - Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 or 8.1 (64-bit) or Windows 10 (64-bit)
Disk space - 200 GB SSD
Processor - Quad Core CPU (Intel Core i7-4770K or comparable)
RAM - 16 GB RAM
GPU (Graphics Card): DirectX - Version 11- AMD A10-7700K, AMD Radeon HD 7990, GeForce GTX 780 or similar with at least 4GB Video RAM
System Requirements will change as the developers continue update and optimize the testing modules of Star Citizen. The game's final recommended system requirements and minimum requirements, at launch, may be vastly different to those above.

Somewhat beefy rig is needed if you want to run max settings...
Pages: 1 2 3