Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Restore/Reset Base Password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

One of my users forgot the password for their player base.
Is there any way for an admin to recover or reset it?

I could see the player_base file contains the password, but it is encoded, not sure if I can do anything with that parameter.

Regards
The passwd lines you see in the file in the player_base directory are just hex encoded with nulls added. You can stick it through https://www.qbit.it/lab/hextext.php (assuming you're prepared to trust that site), or some other simple hex decoding function, e.g. this:
>>> "00680061007300740065007300750063006b0073".decode('hex')[1::2]
'hastesucks'

(sorry Haste, it's the default password for bases made by .testbase for some reason)
Thank you Alex! Worked wonders, will provide the retrieved password to my user Smile
Greatly appreciated.

Regards
Just a cheeky hi there Saber. What server are you on?
(04-11-2017, 12:16 PM)Altejago Wrote: [ -> ]Just a cheeky hi there Saber. What server are you on?

Hi there, Alte! Long time no see!

We are playing at our Disco FL Server. It is mostly thought for random fun among close friends.

We have tuned it up a little bit, for example, player bases do not require maintenance, this is thought for people that does not have much time to play or cannot play often.

Fun fact, you actually are one of the Moderators of the Steam Group where that Server is handled. xD

We have all the server info up there (Basterran Federation). It is not up 24/7, I only get it up whenever we play, I do not have a dedicated machine for it.