Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Commune R&D: Project "Fūjin"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: X7LGmSE.png?2]

Initiating...
Decrypting protected reports...
[USER: OSS#223@2 ]
[PASS: ******************* ]
[DECR: **** ]
Updating... 100%

Uploading Report - "Fūjin'' Project Stage 0 - Update

Source ID: Filippo Ossari

Encryption: #Babylon_S_3.74b.alg

I can't belive we have actually managed to move here in the Pandorum Deck. Not after what happened on our research station on Malta. We have eventually been able to move our whole research (The Engines, the research graphs and schemes, everything) on a small ''DL'' transport to the Pandorum Deck. It's been a while since my last personal entry, I had a few issues with setting up the research. Our five engines and the Technical schemes are safe and sound, here on our small research lab.

That being said, we have already started commissioning the Engine Number Two.
My team has been divided in two sides, in order to achieve the very succsesful end of our project.

The Hakuja division is currently studying a few footages of the Kusarian Engine performance from the KNF public database, in order to further understand the way it works - considering the short amount of time the Kusarian Fighter needs to charge and power up the engine itself. Apperently, they have noticed a few critical flaws in the engine itself. I have to figure out what's going on as soon as I can.

Our team is currently trying to further understand the reason why the Kusarian engines are having these nuclear-fusion-issues, and we are locking down our research station everytime we need to run a test. Of course, we don't want to blow up the whole station.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #1

Source IDs: Federico Perilli

17:11 PM

Hakuja research division report
Source ID: Federico Perilli
Bene. Me and our research chaps have been able to figure out a thing. There's an annoying noise in the engine, and we have managed to figure out a terrible truth about it.
According to Ossari's schemes, the engines are supposed to consume a constant amount of H-Fuel. Instead, the Kusarian Engines are rather unstable.

There's a scandalous amount of H-Fuel loss, and all of a sudden, it gets back to a stable fuel consumption. All of the engines are presenting the same problem, and they are not physically damaged or anything. We have to do something as fast as possible. In the meanwhile, Ossari and his dogs are watching those footages of the Kusarian engine. All of them, actually. He's not just sitting right there though, he has brought the engine #3 in the video room, for some reason.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #2

Source IDs: Filippo Ossari

03:54 AM

Ossari research division report

We have lost this bet we have made with Perilli, and now we have the night shift. Wow.

That being said, there is something I've figured out within the schemes.

[Image: pnu7ZLp.gif]

I can't belive this. Has Jimmy tricked us all along? Is he really making our work this hard?

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #3

Source IDs: Federico Perilli

09:33 PM

Hakuja research division report
Source ID: Federico Perilli

Buongiorno! After our Caffè we got our team ready for the work. Ossari's team left the Engine #2 on the middle of the test room, unmounted and disassembled. There was an odd-looking engine part on the floor - something I've never seen before, in 43 years of engineering.

Ossari has merely mentioned an H-Fuel-wasting device, yesterday. That's probably the thing he was looking for.
Henceforth, we have decided to unmount every single engine with that very device.

I think the GMGs are behind this.
It's just a theory, I'm not even sure.
The Kusari Dictatorship Governament has decided to insert those devices in every single engine from the KU series, in order to make every single pilot in Kusari addicted on purchasing H-Fuel. After a full load of it, the device is probably doing his job: wasting 50% of the H-Fuel level in less than 180 minutes, unlike the average Civilian/Border World Engine (10% < 140 Minutes).

That's a low and mean blow, Kusari. That's a low blow.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #4

04:11 AM

As these humans are feebly trying their best to co-operate, it is rather hard to work with some rather unpleasant and annoying sub-human nuisances. Perhaps, a new talk will take place with the leader of our other division.

In the meantime, our job with the engine has been succesfully upgraded and improved greatly.
After two months of development, chemical compound and a lot of further upgrades to the engines for a larger chance to use the ew power source, we have finally gathered some important intel from the Kusarian engine schemes.

Perhaps one of the most, and rather well-structured engine ever created from Mankind, it is the most stable engine on the Sirian market, besides the latest business-related edits of course. Nevertheless, a few flaws were noticed, and fixed at once.

Back on topic. We have spent most of our time creating these fuel-consumption chemical compounds, and it worked quite well so far. However, we are looking forward on making some odd and clumsy Sirian engine. We are looking forward, to the bright of the stars. Then, it was agreed. A small expedition will be sent in Omicron Delta to harvest the most powerful power source that keeps us one step away from them. The Azurite Gas is a rather clumsy but effective engine power source used by them, according to the Zoner and Core scientists. But what if this material could be used by any chance on our engines? Is it going to serve as a more stable fuel? Such questions shall be answered whenever we will be able to get the gas on our hands.

The whole Hakuja division will be sent tomorrow in Delta with a silly DL transport.

Failiure will not be tolerated.

Ossari out.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #5

11:11 PM

The Hakuja Division is no more. They have refused to open their mind towards the holy spirits of the Annunakis encountered in Omicron Delta. However, we have managed to get back both the blasted wreck of their transport, and the Azurite Gas. Brave, but, foolish, my old friend.

The vessel in question was located within a dangerous Nomadic structure which generates a highly volatile compound known as Azurite Gas - one we're very familiar with. The gas itself is known to cause severe episodes of psychosis that could lead to self-harm, and attract unsavory entities such as The Core or The Order, who seek to control the substance and market it.

The Gas currently lies within Eridu, in a classified zone. Away from human hands.
The time has come. The Black Nova will be combined, whenever the Engine Zeta will be ready.
We have managed to gather a large part of engine components, but we might need some more of them. Although we cannot move out of Eridu, nor ask the Maltese for help, I will personally ask for these engines components, out of the Omicrons.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #5 (Update)

11:42 PM

It is agreed. I shall hook up with my old chap Jimmy for our deal.
This however, will take place in utmost secrecy. No one has to gather knowledge of our movements, nor of the deal itself.

Transmission End

Uploading Science Report - "Fūjin'' : ENTRY #6

Encryption: #Qatnu_A_5.88b.ee3

23:11 PM

Err. Yes, It's still working.
Ossari reporting.

Oh, where do I even start now. Right.

I have managed to retrieve the few engine components that I've needed for the new Beta Engine. However, whenever I have managed to dock within Eridu's large docks, I felt an unpleasant presence. A sense of dread frizzled trough my bones as I've managed to quickly unlock the secured Lab Door with my personal Badge, only to be welcomed by Perez and Gianluca telling me to get out of the Lab. They both had gas masks on, but I could not realize what in the world happened to my lab. Shortly afterwards, they brought me to the General Bar to discuss about it.

Those fools managed to create some sort of hull breach in one of the adjusted-kusarian engines (it was the engine Number #2, which I've personally renamed "Foxtrot". Whenever they mounted on that damn thing on one of our testbed Sabres, the entire hull collapsed, creating some sort of nuclear explosion in the Lab, which by extention, led to a release of Neurotoxins originated from a chemical mixture composed by like, H-Fuel and other things that I currently cannot remember. Nevertheless, we have managed to jettison the gas (and unfortunately, a few sabres) out of our Lab's test airlock. Nevertheless, my schematics and engine details are still kept safe and sound in the main database. We also decided to keep off the lab for a few days, in order to avoid any sort of "gas-related" trouble.

Luckily, we had no losses back there.

Shortly afterwards, we have finally succeded into crafting the Beta Engine by using a few components harvested from a few pieces of the Foxtrot and some more engine components gathered and harvested from a bunch of other engines, only to be mounted over the Kusarian engine and to replace most of it but key components (which I personally decided to keep in order to mantain a proper engine-consumption trough time). The result was one, large engine, not even resembling the old Kusarian engine, besides for a few un-noticable bits. And besides, I look forward on making some more fine upgrades, like a better hull and an improved fuel-consumption. Oh, and most importantly.

[Image: aGXGPCi.png]

We have managed to make the Shielding device compatible with our Engines. That means that we are also able to gather a minor energy impulse from the Shields, and to achieve an higher impulse speed in exhange. Of course, we have not been able to test the engine itself yet, as we need a lot more upgrades for the engine itself.

Nevertheless, I've eventually realized that this entire work was nothing but the real skeleton of the project itself.
Because after all, it is all about managing to obtain a new, manageable and reliable source of power.

Transmission End