Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bring back the barge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So with the jumpdrive limitations that we currently have in place I honestly cant see any harm in bringing back the barge. I think adding it to the game again would bring in a lot of activity, both for the faction flying it and those who might want to interact with those flying it.

For those that weren't here or forget I'm just going to list some of the pros and cons of the old barge as it was last implemented. It had 40,000 cargo, but at the same time it took roughly 5 minutes to charge cruise and even once charged it only went about 90. It was also so large that it had a lot of trouble fitting in tradelanes to the point where most people did not even bother attempting to use them.

As you might assume from what is previously mentioned, this makes them a rather large target. I feel that things like these, if a faction wants to risk using them for any reason would in turn give people a rather large target and thus a reason to log. On the other end bringing the ship out would mean that the person or faction making use of it would need to attempt to defend it appropriately.

Another option that has been suggested to me is that while barges are brought back, they can only be used by proper "trading" factions, meaning those that do not mine. This would mean the shipping factions like bowex / gateway.
i agree
Bring it back, 1 per official faction if they want maybe?
I think the barge can still be used afk flying through only jumpholes and there's still no upside to bring it back

What it should be done instead is fix the jumpdrives , a way to do it would be to decrease the consume for single jumps and jd4 could be used for the new systems which would not affect the economy that way but would give it a reason to use it
Ain't gonna happen, they were replaced by PoBs in purpose and the civ carrier in use. But if you want to remove PoBs and all things enabled by them to get the barge back, well you have my vote.
(04-13-2017, 06:17 PM)Croft Wrote: [ -> ]Ain't gonna happen, they were replaced by PoBs in purpose and the civ carrier in use. But if you want to remove PoBs and all things enabled by them to get the barge back, well you have my vote.

Voted and was replying then ^
Make them exclusive for official factions. The status is worthless at the moment.
Barges are like compacted turds...better out than in
Ah the memories...

The joy of encountering a barge desperately trying to connect with a jumpgate/jumphole while getting mercilessly pummeled by Magmas, or worse. The delight at seeing a Barge flying above plane at 50k, trying to avoid detection and failing. The superior Role Play issuing forth from each Barge pilot (usually in the form of profanity) as their ship gets destroyed while they are within sight of their destination. The late night Junker runs where Congress, and others, amassed an ungodly amount of credits jumping barges without incident. The horrific rise in Barge prices where the going rate for this coveted ship went into the billions and paid for itself in a matter of hours.

Good times, good times.
Bring back the Barge as NPC. Nothing is funnier than having fat NPCs popping up 2k from your ship.

On a more serious note: Either SRP only or with massively nerfed stats/unable to jumptrade.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7