Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unlawfull Merc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the title says the question. I was going after a BH in Manhatten in an effort to fullfill the Lane Hackers bounty on BH in Liberty (i didn't get the kill shot). Now i'm flying an Orca GB with my merc. After the BH got shot down he complained to me that i was not allowed to engage him or other BH in an Orca, or fullfill any Unlawfull bounties for that matter as long as i'm flying that ship.

Now i've read the rules a couple of times without finding any indication of this being true so i need some help here. Am i breaking a rule with this? If I am, what ships am i allowed to fly then?
Quote:6.2 Out of Roleplay (OORP):
In-game tag seen before the name must match the ID as closely as possible. It is not allowed to have the tag not match ID category. For example, it is prohibited to have 'Police' tag and 'Pirate' ID.

Equipment used must match tag and ID as closely as possible. For example, it is not allowed for Corsairs to use Outcast ships and guns.

All reputations should be in accordance with the faction followed, all enemies must be red, at least during the course of a player - player combat

This is the rule he was likely referring to. Merc ID and the Orca can be used together, yes, but using it to attack a Hunter is bad form - owning the ship connotes that you are on friendly terms with the BHG, and that you're not gonna attack them.

If you're gonna be an unlawful mercenary, a Rogue GB would probably fit better.
Most mercenaries I've seen use border world ships or the Taiidan...which isn't *technically* a civilian ship, but meh.

Use an Eagle.
Use a Griiffin.
Use a Civ bomber.
Use civilian guns.

That way noone can complain.
We as Jupiterguild mercs are what you consider "grey"

We suggest:
independant ships
Taiidan line
Civilian line etc
civi line etc.

Depending on your RP, your unlawfull I believe?

you could add Junker or outcast or corsair weapons etc to that list(depends on your affiliation, dont combine an OC background with corsair guns)
Thank you for the input, i've decided to put my merc on hold untill some issues are cleared.
Civilian or widely available unlawful ships (Saber, Falcata, Rogue GB), although it depends on who you're working for. Corsairs probably won't accept you if you're flying an Outcast ship and vice versa. The only way you could get any lawful ship is possibly if you were using it to hunt players the faction who owns the ship is enemies with, and even then you may have issues.
So right now mercs can use any GB as long as they act dont attack allies of the faction that built it? Or maybe follow the lawful/unlawful alignment?

What tazuras said kinda applies to any ship a mercenary uses. To add a house ship, fighter bomber or whatever, would probably be best used by a merc against those at war with the house.
Examples:
A Rheinland ship might only be seen attacking Liberty aligned players
Kusari ship vs Bretonian aligned players
etc

Civillian and Unlawful ships have a bit more freedom, though house lawfuls might not approve of a "Lawful" Mercenary with a pirate's setup.
ex: Werewolf with Sammaels or Krakens

Some choices just shouldnt be used at all and might cause a few problems that get admins involved
examples:
Red-Cat Blood Dragon Bomber with Coladas (Corsair + Blood Dragons dont mix, regardless of who you are)
Praetorian with Krakens and an Inferno

------------------------------------------------------------

In short, dont mix alignments. Also, Borderworlds ships, though used mainly by pirates, are civillian-use ships, meaning even lawfully aligned players can use them. The only exception in that line being the Falcata with it being specifically classed as an Outcast ship and not Borderworlds.