Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: does new bomber setup means RIP balance??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is a SLIGHT need, in my humble opinion, to revert back or nerf the new bomber gun:

The Scattergun:

Hull dmg - 4000 - ok
shld dmg - 2000 - ok
speed - 700 m/s - wtf???
range - 700 meters - ok i guess, make it like Escopeta range
refire - 4:0 - more like 1:0 is better
energy usage - 1200 - redone accordingly

this causes one thing most of all

-- THE DEATH OF SNAC vs snubs and bombers --

I was in conn getting rekt by a pleayr who didnt even have to shoot one SNAC to kill me and i know a few other examples of the same situation. Where is the skill necessity now??
people who spent a lot of time in there SNAC training are somehow equal with newer players because of the Scattergun ( read as: OverPoweredGun )

it is a shame how so much experience yields so poor results, even to this day and im sure many will agree

please think about a new stat for this gun and also if you want more people to use the Energy Cannons make the speed - 550
so if folks want to trade EMP for it they can actually hit something with it Wink

Also i was thinking of a special bomber mine, because bombers are bigger than fighters and have more power but are slower, a special bomber only mine would do good. For the purpose of this chat lets call it: The Plasma mine

hull dmg - 19000
shield dmg - 11000
speed - 70 m/s
refire - 0:33
life time - 10 seconds

just a suggestion, would be fun

Thank you all for reading and feel free to support this thread if you agree or if u think im wrong please tell me, im ready to listen, think and reply
It will likely be nerfed/tweaked soon enough.
I've been testing it out and looks balanced to me.
Scatter guns you cannot shoot for long before your energy depletes
Bombes are hard to aim and you need to be really close.

Personally, I'm going to be more sticking to my snacs
(04-16-2017, 03:07 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]I've been testing it out and looks balanced to me.

They are clearly unbalanced, starting with the fact that Chainguns drains BS's energy to 0 in one shot :^)

Scatters are still unbalanced. I got instakilled inRP and couldn't even bot up. Snac's being useless at this point.
They will be tweaked during the upcoming micropatch.
(04-16-2017, 03:09 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2017, 03:07 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]I've been testing it out and looks balanced to me.

They are clearly unbalanced, starting with the fact that Chainguns drains BS's energy to 0 in one shot :^)

Scatters are still unbalanced. I got instakilled inRP and couldn't even bot up. Snac's being useless at this point.

However, keep in mind that SNAC wasn't meant to be anything but anti- cap weapon.
Personally, I dont think the Scatter gun is unbalanced, it fires like a shotgun, you cant aim with it. You need to be really close to hit. Exactly like a SNAC. Let's not forget the fact that bonbers replish energy very slow, a bit slower than capital ships.
Well testing them in conn showed how ridiculous they are at the moment. If a bomber beats a similar skilled VHF in every fight without even putting effort in it something went wrong.
I'd use this chance when bombers stuff will change soon anyway and suggest giving them anti-cap bombs.

Something like much slower replacement of nukes, with much more punch. Like antimatter mines, very limited amount (5 only), maybe snac-like damage. Using them right should be risky for bomber pilot, but devastating if cap subsystems got hit.

Why this? Maybe cuz Novas are not cool for cap captains and might even be discontinued.
(04-16-2017, 05:56 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: [ -> ]Well testing them in conn showed how ridiculous they are at the moment. If a bomber beats a similar skilled VHF in every fight without even putting effort in it something went wrong.

Exactly this.
Pages: 1 2