Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Helper ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since we don't have an angels faction anymore and anyone can make a Helper tag and char, I have an idea about a special ID for those who want to help new players. The ID should state that your only purpose is to help new players , you cannot participate in RP, cannot trade, and cannot attack anyone/ be attacked. Does anyone else think this is a good idea?
The Recruit ID fits the Helpers perfectly as it puts them outside the RP environment.
(04-18-2017, 08:32 AM)Zyliath Wrote: [ -> ]The Recruit ID fits the Helpers perfectly as it puts them outside the RP environment.
Yes but the recruit ID states "The Recruit ID is intended to allow players to gain sufficient reputation to get another ID. This ID is a temporary one and should be treated as such"
The helper ID would be a permanent thing.
Except that roleplaying and partaking in roleplay with new players is sort of something you WANT to do. Go take them out for flights, show them trade routes and interactions with other players along the way.
Stick to FL IDs.
IMHO the recruit one suits the purpose of sole helper. Your help is about answering questions, providing informations etc. In case of some -action- a freelancer ID is more suitable as has said.
Will to help is all you need .
(04-18-2017, 08:44 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Except that roleplaying and partaking in roleplay with new players is sort of something you WANT to do. Go take them out for flights, show them trade routes and interactions with other players along the way.
Stick to FL IDs.

That.

That is what i thought HELPER would do, sure you can tell them about mining, trading and what not. But maybe as a HELPER offer to actually show them how to mine, do a small trade run showing short cuts and JH's, run a couple of missions.
You dont need id to help people, look what happened to the Angels, that will happen again.

I Think some of the helpers only are helpers, because they want a helper id tbh.. which is sad.
I must agree, a special Helper ID is not really necessary, FL or Recruit ID is the way to go. Which one of them to choose is another story though, as both have their pros and cons.

However to be honest, I don't see how having a Helper ID could be a seriously rewarding achievement. In fact, nobody voiced this idea before in our chats, at least as far as I know, hence I doubt any of us has only volunteered to get a shiny special tag and/or ID.
What said, I don't recall mentioning own ID in chats either. The recruit / freelancer ones are fine as they are, as long as we stick to the rules. Special ID is nowhere near an award when the overall goal is helping people, not doing some fancy SRPs with those chars.
Pages: 1 2