Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Command to State ship's Reputation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A pretty useful command could be implemented, to state ships Rep (for exemple, /myrep )
Output could be like

-0.9 ; Corsairs
-0.7 ; Gallic Brigands
0.6 ; Zoners

Why?
Well, sometimes I want to send ship's rep to ship buyer. Or ask for ships rep to a seller. Or to compare reps of multiple ships.
Full rep requires taking at least 8 prints and then you need to host them all or edit and cut/paste to make 1 image, a lot of work.

format [number] ; [faction] is good because easy excel import, and also human-readable.

the /myrep command would show all on screen (probably 1 print would be enough) and also can be obtained as text from DSAce easily.
Seems like a good idea, I can understand the convenience. The only extra information shown would be factions you haven't met yet but I see no real problem with that.
Unless anyone has objections I'll probably implement this.
(04-26-2017, 05:17 PM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like a good idea, I can understand the convenience. The only extra information shown would be factions you haven't met yet but I see no real problem with that.
Unless anyone has objections I'll probably implement this.

Great, thank you very much! Hope that others like it.
This is done, with thanks to . Go in-game and run /rep
Can you look into the possibility for a /targetrep command? I am pirating, catch a freelancer IDed transport who tells me he is in very good standing with the Rogues. Obviously, I am skeptical. Heard that sort of nonsense plenty of times. Though with a command that tells me the targetted player's standing with my currently flashing IFF, would be nice.
I like the idea, but I think that people might use that to metagame. I think I could make it so it only gets the rep of your current IFF, if one is present.
Might be able to stretch to listing all factions that have affiliated players/NPCs/solars nearby, but yeah only showing the details for the requesting player's IFF should be fine.
(04-09-2018, 11:59 PM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]Might be able to stretch to listing all factions that have affiliated players/NPCs/solars nearby, but yeah only showing the details for the requesting player's IFF should be fine.

Seems rather intrusive. Make it so that player could do "/showrep faction" to transmit owners rep of his own choice in local chat or something.
If NPCs can tell your standing with their faction, why would it be intrusive to be able to do so as a player? If your target are getting shot by your faction's npcs, you can already tell if they are hostile or not. The command would simply be more precise to see if you are green or not.
(04-12-2018, 08:10 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]If NPCs can tell your standing with their faction, why would it be intrusive to be able to do so as a player? If your target are getting shot by your faction's npcs, you can already tell if they are hostile or not. The command would simply be more precise to see if you are green or not.

Trent always handed out his repcard so that NPCs could decide whether to talk or not.

What if player does not want to reveal his reputation to someone?

Involuntary rep check seems over the top in comparison to voluntary one.
Pages: 1 2