Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Web API work in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-26-2017, 10:44 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]I will take the bullet for the IT dumb person here and ask - how to start and use it please? I downloaded the zip but my IT knowledge ends there because there seems to be no file or app which can be started.

This is a development repository, there has not been any release made yet.
It's possible to get it to work but that means you have to build it from the source yourself, set up a database, scaffold the models to your database and have a running and configured FLServer.
[Image: 0O5WfGz.png]
Adding a new set of tools so we can easily refresh systems/ships/factions tables
Good progress has been made, I think the player list will be brought back online this weekend.
(sun)
We're finally there, the basics of the API are complete (aside of the admin section that is more of a hack than anything right now) and it only needs a bit of data added in the database in order to match IDs with factions and systems with regions.

Now off to do the forum display part.
Bug/Issue report:
All the systems are in a "Unknown" region.
(05-07-2017, 02:31 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Bug/Issue report:
(05-07-2017, 09:05 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]it only needs a bit of data added in the database in order to match IDs with factions and systems with regions.
(05-07-2017, 02:43 PM)Alex. Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2017, 02:31 PM)Piombo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Bug/Issue report:
(05-07-2017, 09:05 AM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]it only needs a bit of data added in the database in order to match IDs with factions and systems with regions.

Ah ok
A very annoying part of the work has been finished today.

There was an issue with player connection data being composed of 660.000 rows, as the player data script store the position of the players on a per-system basis. On the instant it's very useful data, but a few weeks later there is not really any reason to continue to keep this data pinpoint accurate as players travel a lot around and can often revisit the same system during the same session. We went from 660.000 rows to 193.000 rows, which should definitely make things run much better !
Pages: 1 2