Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery Team Notice: Discontiuing support for Private Servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Good day, everyone.

After a combined vote between the server staff and developers, we are officially removing support for non-official Discovery servers. The reasons for this vote have been numerous, but we have decided that after all these years, it will be up to the private server owners and staff when it comes to advertising and providing access to their server.

What does this mean for server owners:

Your server will not show up in the server list, even with the Show Unofficial Servers function turned on via the launcher. To make your members connect to your own server, you will need to provide them with instructions on how to add your server's IP address to the forced arguments section of the launcher.

Said IP is then entered in the FORCED ARGUMENTS slot for the launcher like so:
[Image: 6bz1F7Z.png]

Discovery Freelancer will keep providing our clientside installs with all that is necessary to set up a functional local server, but that will be the extent of our support for non-official servers for the foreseeable future.

~Discovery Freelancer Team
Excellent move.
Just so long as it doesn't 'break' our server access in some way, I'm fine with that.

Also..... the last server restart, would have been awesome to have like a 5 minute warning instead of just killing it :F
Finally. I am only less than 2 month here and already tired of those servers appearing in the list, with 0/1/2 players online.
Even better, is there any chance to make a switch/button on the launcher that says:

- "Go straight to Official Disco server", so when i click "Launch Game", my next interaction would be to chose character?
(04-27-2017, 03:08 PM)Crazyr0m Wrote: [ -> ]Finally. I am only less than 2 month here and already tired of those servers appearing in the list, with 0/1/2 players online.
Even better, is there any chance to make a switch/button on the launcher that says:

- "Go straight to Official Disco server", so when i click "Launch Game", my next interaction would be to chose character?

Or, OR, you switch the "hide unofficial servers" option so that doesn't happen anymore.
I'm all in for the have-Alley-work-a-few-hours-more-so-I-don't-have-to-think option. Like, can you imagine how much it prevents me from logging when I have to do two clicks instead of one?
Sad....No more RPing on the China server......(sarcasm)
It was about time, it was annoying to accidentally misclick
Why precisely, though? Isn't this a bit rude towards other servers?
Other servers are just doomed tho. Nobody will play on them anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5