Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cargo storage on NPC bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm somewhat in favor of this simply for the fact that PoBs are a nightmare to sustain, defending is annoying, and having them somewhere safe where local navy can see it is expensive.
(04-27-2017, 09:27 PM)Crazyr0m Wrote: [ -> ]Someone just changed the entire /pimpship funcion, added new lights. That is a "code-related thing" too, and so complicated, that only like 2% of people use it, and still they are investing time in that (btw, thak you guys who did it!). My idea is much simpler to use and much more % of players will be able to use it and to enjoy it.

ADD ON: maybe a limit should be imposed to prevent abuses, maybe maximum of 5000 or 10000 units of cargo per NPC base.

Except the pimpship stuff is defined by a cfg file, you literally just add lines in - it has nothing to do with modifying the module.

As cool as this idea sounds - cus screw virtualspacebabies pobs, I highly doubt someone will make it.
(04-28-2017, 12:46 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2017, 09:27 PM)Crazyr0m Wrote: [ -> ]Someone just changed the entire /pimpship funcion, added new lights. That is a "code-related thing" too, and so complicated, that only like 2% of people use it, and still they are investing time in that (btw, thak you guys who did it!). My idea is much simpler to use and much more % of players will be able to use it and to enjoy it.

ADD ON: maybe a limit should be imposed to prevent abuses, maybe maximum of 5000 or 10000 units of cargo per NPC base.

Except the pimpship stuff is defined by a cfg file, you literally just add lines in - it has nothing to do with modifying the module.

As cool as this idea sounds - cus screw virtualspacebabies pobs, I highly doubt someone will make it.

Pimpship is not only config. There is database table containing every light a ship has, and every ship that you pimped, is in that table.
Since all ships have different number of lights, its very possible that a table also has multiple lines per ship, 1 line per light, which is a nightmare to performance.

My idea is much simpler to implement than pimpship.
Pages: 1 2