Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cargo storage on NPC bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Of course this might need some discussion, but here is the idea:

Players to be allowed to store cargo on the NPC bases.
It will require a new database table, but nothing more complex than /pimpship requires.

On any NPC base I can type:
Code:
/store 3 500
where 3 is item 3 on my cargo list and 500 is quantity, which can be dropped to store all the cargo, in which case it would be
Code:
/store 3
(store all the cargo from slot 3).
Also might use
Code:
/store all
to store all the cargo there is in the ship.
A command to list stored items could be
Code:
/liststored   or simply   /ls
Outcome might look as
Code:
1) 300; Food Rations
2) 1234; Cardamine
3) 99; Reinforced Alloy
then we can use command
Code:
/load 1 200
again, 1 is item number (Food Rations), 200 is quantity which can be dropped.

Of course, the item storage is permanent (limited by the ship activity wipe), and may charge a fee, maybe per unit and per time. It would be charged to get the items back, when /load command is issued.

A global command to list all stored items of a character should exist (to remind what and on which planet/base is stored), maybe
Code:
/listallstored
which would show like:
Code:
1) 500; Reinforced Alloy; New York; Battleship Missouri
2) 3000; Food Rations; Stuttgart; Planet Stuttgart

Possibly a command to transfer ownership could be implemented too, like this:
Code:
/transfer [NewOwnerName] 2
which transfers item 2 3000; Food Rations; Stuttgart; Planet Stuttgart to the new owner called [NewOwnerName]

I think that's it for now, surely this may be incremented more, but this is the base idea.
also then how about, giving a password command, so that only certain cargo can be seen by the occasional docker, could help in rp situations
What use would this be?? Could be helpful if you could enlighten us
Just befriend with a PoB-managing faction and ask them for a bit of storage space from them, or alternatively, ask a friend to help you transfer items from one ship to another. Those code-related things are very unlikely to get added, as Alley has better things to do and Alex. probably too.
(04-27-2017, 06:25 PM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]also then how about, giving a password command, so that only certain cargo can be seen by the occasional docker, could help in rp situations

The cargo is only visible to account owner. Nobody knows what cargo you own.
(04-27-2017, 08:38 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]What use would this be?? Could be helpful if you could enlighten us

There are many uses.
Example 1: you are flying in your 5ker hauling some ore, you pass near a friendly POB and see its losing HP. You can land on an NPC base nearby, STORE YOUR ORE, make some trips with FOW and RA to the dying POB, then recover your ore and continue your trip.
Example 2: you have some important item you can not lose, maybe some permit or docking access, illegal goods permit, etc. You might leave it lying on a base to avoid losing it, if you are not going to need it in current trip.
(04-27-2017, 08:52 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Just befriend with a PoB-managing faction and ask them for a bit of storage space from them, or alternatively, ask a friend to help you transfer items from one ship to another. Those code-related things are very unlikely to get added, as Alley has better things to do and Alex. probably too.

The point is to store commodities anywhere, right here and now, and normally for short time. I don't want just 1 or 2 POBs that I will have to travel to.
Also its not about items, I only mentioned commodities (but if item storage is added, will be welcome too). My friends help me to transfer items in conn, thats ok and absolutely not the focus of this idea.

About likely or not: let Alley and Alex decide what they will do.

Someone just changed the entire /pimpship funcion, added new lights. That is a "code-related thing" too, and so complicated, that only like 2% of people use it, and still they are investing time in that (btw, thak you guys who did it!). My idea is much simpler to use and much more % of players will be able to use it and to enjoy it.

ADD ON: maybe a limit should be imposed to prevent abuses, maybe maximum of 5000 or 10000 units of cargo per NPC base.
Adding new lights to pimpship is extending a database array by a few new entries. Coding storage space on NPC stations is an entire new plugin. If you want to store commodities, build a PoB. That is what mining PoBs exist for. Miners put the mined ressources onto it, traders buy it and bring it to their selling points.
Sorry as this probably doesn't fit the topic; the title got me to the idea of making IC and Junker bases to "Trade Hubs", where players can sell and buy commodities. At least, this could probably be used in some interesting way when it comes to events?
It's always nice to have options. Good idea.
Pages: 1 2