Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why do CDs even trigger hostility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As of right now, lawful players are at one of the hugest disadvantage when they encounter a smuggler. If smugglers are lucky to find themselves near a base and start hugging it. They have one of the best opportunity against an attack on lawfuls now:

They can cruise engine right near the base prompting the lawfuls to:
1) fire a CD which triggers the base hostility.
2) begin to cruise engine with them which then leads to:
a) them not actually cruising and just wanting you to trigger #1
b) they actually cruise away and you have to cruise too, but if they're smart they'll just do option a.

Smugglers can also hug the base and ignore any RP interaction at all with the lawfuls. This harms RP interaction and makes lawful RP actually terrible to play as. I won't name names, but this occasion happens more than often and no one ever wants to pay a fine and just instead hugs a base and waits for you to go away.

If this is a hardcode issue, I hope that diving into a planet and hugging a base intentionally to avoid RP becomes a reportable offense.
This wasn't a thing in vanilla.

Also cds don't trigger hostility if you are friendly.
(04-28-2017, 11:47 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]This wasn't a thing in vanilla.

Also cds don't trigger hostility if you are friendly.

That's the thing. You have to be SUPER friendly like rephacked friendly because just being green to them isn't enough.
Then don't roleplay as a lawful near bases? Look for smugglers out in the field or bring them into open spaces, it is kinda your fault if you're standing near a base in the first place. This goes for any current lawfuls who like having a tendancy to hug bases as well as smugglers, you're both in the same boat so i don't see the problem if you two drag the fight into the openness of space.

as for planet diving, i do it only for the sole fact of taking shortcuts to other area's as it's more preffered than flying all the way through. But as for people using it to avoid roleplay, that might be a problem, fighting however just means you win anyhow.
FYI - Sometimes not saying anything and going to cruise IS the RP thing to do as a smuggler. Better to run than stay and deal with the firepower, fines, and loss of cargo in front of you. Same goes for lawful freighter/transport pilots who get CD'd by pirates, we run before we get gunned.
how about

Quote:*uncloaks behind u*
psssh...nothin personnel...kid...

Pretty much same stuff.
(04-28-2017, 11:37 PM)Techpriest Wrote: [ -> ]As of right now, lawful players are at one of the hugest disadvantage when they encounter a smuggler. If smugglers are lucky to find themselves near a base and start hugging it. They have one of the best opportunity against an attack on lawfuls now:

They can cruise engine right near the base prompting the lawfuls to:
1) fire a CD which triggers the base hostility.
2) begin to cruise engine with them which then leads to:
a) them not actually cruising and just wanting you to trigger #1
b) they actually cruise away and you have to cruise too, but if they're smart they'll just do option a.

Smugglers can also hug the base and ignore any RP interaction at all with the lawfuls. This harms RP interaction and makes lawful RP actually terrible to play as. I won't name names, but this occasion happens more than often and no one ever wants to pay a fine and just instead hugs a base and waits for you to go away.

If this is a hardcode issue, I hope that diving into a planet and hugging a base intentionally to avoid RP becomes a reportable offense.

I'm sorry but to me it just seems lame for lawfulls to camp bases to catch smugglers, if you want to catch a smuggler get off your butt, go out into space and look for them on the lanes or station yourself at a jump gate and wait for one to jump through it's what you get paid to do.
This discussion is being derailed. Let's wait until devs can answer this question.
And please, stop going ad hominem (personal attack) mode.
(04-29-2017, 05:11 AM)HanCloudstone Wrote: [ -> ] how about

Quote:*uncloaks behind u*
psssh...nothin personnel...kid...

Pretty much same stuff.

Thats almost exactly how I was introduced to PvP pirating. Now I just run when I get CD'd or the lane gate is knocked out.
Im pretty sure the devs have a better reason than my lame conjecture and experiences though lol
(04-29-2017, 04:45 AM)Flynt Mcullah Wrote: [ -> ]FYI - Sometimes not saying anything and going to cruise IS the RP thing to do as a smuggler. Better to run than stay and deal with the firepower, fines, and loss of cargo in front of you. Same goes for lawful freighter/transport pilots who get CD'd by pirates, we run before we get gunned.

This is mostly why your kind gets FR5'd.
Pages: 1 2