Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The legendary Aurora server is back up and running!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: EwprkLb.jpg?1]

After a long long long loooong pause, the legendary Aurora server is back up and running!

If you're after a good online server for FL, don't look no further. Aurora uses the TNG mod with the newly upgraded Aurora Addon, adding 2 new ships to the already big list of flyable ships!.

For more information please visit their forums it's still a work in progress i believe but the information is there on how to connect!

http://aurora247.enjin.com/

Aurora was one of the last standing TNG servers that ran for a good 10 or more years. With a talented modding team and the experience behind our backs we developed the plasma server operator for our server as well. https://sourceforge.net/projects/plasma/

We also did start to make our own Aurora Mod after we were finished with our addon but sadly that fell apart when our lead dev disappeared out of the blue and a host of other issues the other being the fact that the server's owner lost his wife to cancer and could not carry on to provide the players with the awesome gaming experience we were accustomed too. Eventually some of us started to return to attempt to bring Aurora back!

TNG is a very different mod from many other mods that currently have any sort of player base. Our battles mostly were of Capital ships and Fighters. Fighters are very much missle based and quite a joy to fly but are also very fast so do take a little time to master in a dog fight.

Some of the content that was produced on the Aurora Server(Gives you a better idea of what the battles were like and what TNG is like):

Fighter battles mostly

Battleships and fighers(You actually see me flying past in a battleship doing a hit and runTongue)

Little bit of everything

Scar
Just noticed that we have around 7 players on right now! Server has only been up a few days with only announcements about the server coming back to old members on our facebook.
http://www.flserver.de/topservers.htm

This is pretty brilliant to see as i am seeing some new faces and some old faces. It's always nice to see old friends that you haven't seen in a long time come back!
Giving this a thumbs-up. Pretty neat mod. It's got a TON of content; feels like a hundred different factions; tons of different ships; rare loot drops from enemies. Also, missiles take center stage in dogfighting, and using the right missiles for the target makes all the difference. Guns take a backseat, which changes the feel of combat significantly. Very cool mod, definitely worth trying out.
This'll be good for when the Disco server is down.
Thanks guys! I do hope to see more on Smile.

We have just uploaded the Aurora addon to mod DB

http://www.moddb.com/mods/aurora-addon-t...aurora-v13

Scar
This morning i noticed two of the oldies from Aurora returning. Was quite surprised to see 2 of the raiders clan members come on, Namely Khan and Disaster! DAM.

We are already preparing our missles for Armageddon haha Tongue
Just want to include that every new player that joins up today will receive 40million to help them get started.

Here's another one of those great videos made on aurora by Lharg.

I have to admit i love those guns he's using
So what actually is this, and does it have any RP elements?
(04-29-2017, 04:29 PM)Tænì Wrote: [ -> ]So what actually is this, and does it have any RP elements?

Hey Taeni

Aside from the general case of good guys vs bad guys there isn't much rp elements in TNG but we did have quite a few that did like to RP. We of course aren't against that but we are a pvp server with some rp involved.

Now If theres any ideas for RP elements i am more than to happy to hear them and add them to our addon in the next update. Were also taking requests for new ships to be added as well and of course will be balanced to the TNG Standard.

Here's the features for TNG :
• Over 75 new ships added to the freelancer game(Our addon currently adds two new ships more to come later)
• Over 500 new pieces of equipment (Weapons, shields, engines, thrusters, upgrades, and more!)
• Over 20 new commodities for you to buy and sell
• Over 40 new music tracks for systems, bars, and intros
• Over 45 new sounds for various equipment & weapons
• 1 buyable battle station for players (Used to be 3)
• Core return program for expensive ships
• 10 additional systems
• 14 additional factions
• A gauntlet in the arena for players to run with over 20 grueling trials.
• Internal police featuring Starfyre creators & ships
• New costumes for Trent, Juni, and King
• An arena system where players can test there metal against NPC or PVP.
• Planets use a new system for docking, no more old docking rings
• New Freelancer menu with advanced options (Difficulty level, more graphic, key, & sound options)
• Player ships now drop loot when killed
• Greatly improved ship customization options
• New movement & ship controls
• Upgraded graphics, sound, and physics engine
• Revamped single player game with enhancements
• Massive explosion / weapon enhancements
• Greatly enhanced “Identity” engine
• Greatly improved AI tactical & offensive capabilities
• Improved & more difficult single player campaign mode
• Anti-Hack / Cheat / Encryption systems to help improve game integrity
• Police system for administrators
• New solo missions, Capital ship missions
• New group missions, Battle stations
• Different starting ship
• An extremely comprehensive & detailed manual

Scar
Sounds like Discovery-Mod with all kinds of imports. Like, I see a Sharlin on the screenshot in the op. And a Shadow Spitfire with weird texture. And static asteroids replaced with dynamic asteroids.
Pages: 1 2