Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nerf CD amno
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CD has broken for years , it do all things it shouldn't do , i don't know is it because nobody knows to fix it or someone don't want it fixed . I cant do a thing in second case , but i have suggestion in first case .

Suggestion to nerf ammunition of all CD types .
Why ?
Well , what CD do :
-stop Cloak charge ,
-track already Cloak ship ,
-stop Jump charge ,
-detonate Battleship Missile ,
-simple and dirty cheap CD stop Huge "all-powerful" Battleship ,
-reactivate engines on ship that uses engine-kill ( especially Battleships engines ) ,
-used to make hostile NPC trick ,
-few other things i cant remember now .

If anything needs amno nerf , that CD .
Nerf CD so it has 10 or so amno , and we will not have CD spammers everywhere anymore , lots of problems solved . Pilots will have to choose when and where to use limited CD amno , not like now when you just spamm them , heck how often you run out of Cd anyway , even if you spamm them ?

No more :

-stooping people to cloak for hour if need be ( you only need one CD every 20 sec to stop GB to cloak , one every 60 sec to stop BS ) ,
-stooping jump charge indefinitely ( similar ) ,
-stooping tracking already cloaked ship ( no more smart ass CD you when you are cloaked ) ,
-stooping jump charge indefinitely ( you only need to CD jumper couple of times , he will run of of fuel quick ) ,
-keep detonate Battleship Missile and protect your Capital indefinitely , you have more CD than opponent has Missiles anyway ,
-simple and dirty cheap CD stop Huge "all-powerful" Battleship , keep it in one place for hour if need be and wait for your Capitals to cruise up to his but ,
-reactivate engines on ship that uses engine-kill especially Battleships engines , so you can no longer prevent BS to use engine kill maneuvers

Nerf Reinforced amno to 9 , train to 12 and Wasp to 15 , and pilot will be using them for what they suppose to be used , to stop a ship for a short time . Just enough time to , for example , Pirate say to trader , stop and don't move , if he ignores second CD , well we all know whats next .
It can still be used for combat to , but it will not be all powerful toll anymore .
(04-29-2017, 01:08 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]CD has be broken for years , it do all things it shouldn't do , i dont know is it because nobody knows to fix it or someone dont want it fixed . I cant do a thing in second case , but i have suggestion in first case .

Suggestion to nerf amunition of all CD types .
Why ?
Well , what CD do :
-stop Cloak charge ,
Stupid anyhow
- track already Cloak ship ,
A bug, dunno if it can be fixed

- stop Jump charge ,
Stupid as well

-detonate Battleship Missile ,
I see this more as a helpful use, but it should take 3 cruise disruptors to destroy one battleship missile really.

-simple and dirty cheap CD stop Huge "all-powerful" Battleship ,
Well what do you expect? they are warships. they're supposed to hinder progress as an annoyance

-reactivate engines on ship that uses engine-kill ( especially Battleships engines ) ,
I don't see how this is a problem?

-Used to make hostile NPC trick .
Always has been there, you just have to be careful where you shoot. Kinda annoying, i know, should take at least 3 cd's before they trigger.

If anything needs amno nerf , that CD .
Nerf CD so it has 10 or so amno , and we will not have CD spammers everywhere anymore , lots of problems solved . Pilots will have to choose when and where to use limited CD amno , not like now when you just spamm them , heck how often you run out of Cd anyway , even if you spamm them ?

Or, people can stop making up pathetic excuses to keep the abilities it can do, such as cloak disruption or jump drive disruption when there is CLOAK DISRUPTORS AND JUMP DRIVE INHIBITORS NOW

No more :

-stooping people to cloak for hour if need be ( you only need one CD every 20 sec to stop GB to cloak , one every 60 sec to stop BS ) ,
-stooping jump charge indefinitely ( similar ) ,
Refer to above
-stooping tracking already cloaked ship ( no more smart ass CD you when you are cloaked ) ,
This is a bug, that i doubt can be fixed due to the implemention of how the cloak works

-stooping jump charge indefinitely ( you only need to CD jumper couple of times , he will run of of fuel quick ) ,
-keep detonate Battleship Missile and protect your Capital indefinitely , you have more CD than opponent has Missiles anyway ,
True, battleship missiles need to have more of a use. making it consume only 3 cruise disruptor ammunition makes people think carefully how to spend their cruise disruptors, especially if the battleship it was intended for, has flaks to use,

-simple and dirty cheap CD stop Huge "all-powerful" Battleship , keep it in one place for hour if need be and wait for your Capitals to cruise up to his but ,
-reactivate engines on ship that uses engine-kill especially Battleships engines , so you can no longer prevent BS to use engine kill maneuvers
Kinda your fault if you get stuck against them, They're as annoying as a mosquito but you need to plan your movements carefully too.

Nerf Reinforced amno to 9 , train to 12 and Wasp to 15 , and pilot will be using them for what they suppose to be used , to stop a ship for a short time . Just enough time to , for example , Pirate say to trader , stop and don't move , if he ignores second CD , well we all know whats next .
It can stlll be used for combat to , but it will not be all powerful toll anymore .
The weapon itself is a troll missile. Just fix the changes to work only for a CRUISE DISRUPTOR AS IT SHOULD BE and everything would be fine

Input done, *drops mic* I'm out.
No. Since then there's going to be no actual way to mine-trap people with an ammunition count that ridiculous. The fix to the problem you've raised only creates a much larger mess. CD's should just not disrupt cloaks, but they shouldn't be touched in terms of ammo count, damage, etc. Also it would be pretty goofy if I had only nine disruptors, used them all to fight a sudden in my face opponent, but then couldn't stop someone else who was silently running away? That would just be very dumb.
lol
no

next
I do think there is something wrong with the ammo count when people stop using CDs to CD people but spam them once someone is out of shields.
The only reason I have ever seen someone resort to spamming disruptors when someone's shield is down is because said person was most likely fleeing and not actually fighting at that point. Why should the pursuer, someone who has already won deal with such a petty reaction to defeat? It's not something wrong with the ammo count, it's something wrong with one of the combatants. There are two sides to every issue being raised here.
This argument (sorry Sasa) is pretty much invalid from all views.
While I agree about the cloak part, I disagree on the rest. CDs are used as a ways of stopping a ship which is fleeing or routing back.
There's no sense in nerfing them.
The problem that CDs have is not their ammo count but the fact that they reactivate your engines when in engine kill while they're actually supposed to disable them. I will never befriend this.

This is pretty much the only thing I agree with you on.
With missiles back now, I'd reduce the CD damage, though. They should be used strategically, not be spammed for hull damage, I think.
(04-29-2017, 01:55 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]The problem that CDs have is not their ammo count but the fact that they reactivate your engines when in engine kill while they're actually supposed to disable them. I will never befriend this.

This is pretty much the only thing I agree with you on.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7