Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Suspended: Lythrilux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
's membership on our community has been suspended until further notice:

(04-18-2017, 05:51 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]You can Post in the RP Sections of the Forums, as per your Probabtion.
I am sure your HC can Post in your own Feedback Thread, if it is required.

Quote:-- Administrators are obliged:
To be fair and treat all players equally, independent of their level and faction alignment.

Consequences: Suspended, until verdict is reached from the active administrator vote.

We were being very careful with the notion of lifting your ban due to the fact that you seemed as though you could amend your overall disregard for anything apart from your faction. Even when we put you on probation, we ourselves had to bend our written rules regarding ban circumvention and instead opt for a 2 billion credit sanction.

Something that was then turned into a meme about buying your faction back or paying the admins to unban you. A meme, that rumors have it you were very happy to wear pinned on your jacket. We shouldered this community backlash with the concept that if you returned to the community and remained under the radar, that this chance would not go unwasted.

You, however, took this olive branch and stomped it into the ground.

Above you is the exact quote, in admin green, regarding the terms of your probation. Terms that we have now received multiple reports on and we are expected by our community to take action. Your ingame assets, all of them, are frozen. Your access to the server is removed and your forum account is banned until we reach the verdict of the administrator vote we began with your previous post.

If you require evidence, you may request such via PM from a Staff member. Only the accused or an official faction leader of the accused person's faction may request such. Once you have the evidence, and if you wish to dispute it, you may post in the Sanction Thread below. Do not continue PM'ing a staff member, as that will result in your Appeal being denied. If you PM a staff or post in the sanction thread and you are not directly involved, you are consenting to be subjected to the reprisal of my choice which may involve in game repercussions up to a ban. Blaming members of your immediate family, neighbors, friends, pets, and assorted Orcs, Trolls and any other legendary creatures may result in the use of Admin Right #CTE 750AE
The discussion and subsequent vote have been finished.

The administration team has discussed the situation and we have decided that not only it was poor judgement on our part to put a player above the established rules system, regardless of what sort of activity it might or might not have generated, but also it was disrespectful to the rest of the community for us not to not enforce standard punishment for when it comes to proxy-posting during a ban, regardless of what or how honorable intentions you had in the first place. At that time, your appeal time should have been reset by default.

Your forum and server ban is re-established, you may post an appeal in 6 months from now. Any attempts to circumvent this by posting with alts or by proxy that are not in the player requests section for the purpose of submitting your appeal will result in your timer to be reset.
The cause for concern is entirely justified. This punishment is not, however.

I will admit I made an unintentional mistake. An admin in OFL (I think it was you Spazzy) said I could have someone post on my behalf in Xoria's economy thread when I inquired about it. After having Vasko post this for me, I guess I misinterpretated it as an allowance to have people post on my behalf in the mod forums on matters relating to Core. But as stated, my intentions behind each of those posts were benevolent and constructive - they weren't meant to further my own personal desires (which is what the opening paragraph of this suspension thread implies, which I find a bit distasetful). I would not say I circumvented my Probation, as I believed I was simply innocently posting within established limits.

I am not above any player here, and I am not above the rules. I did not make these infringements thinking I was, and they were accidental. However I do really have to question the integrity of the individual(s) that reported these posts. They've won the game of Disco politics and ass-blasted someone they didn't like, yet in doing so they've just undone weeks of progress and shattered many individuals hopes and dreams over a having an active Omicrons again.

And remember the reason why I'm on a Probation at all is because I was treated unfairly during a Heavy Decision.

I'm not blaming the admins for anything here, as the steps they've taken are a fair reaction to the evidence they've been presented. But what does this achieve? The community wasn't expecting a punishment or whatever from this at all. Aside from the whining of a single individual, the only expectations I've reccieved from the community are for me to lead my faction and create activity again, which is what I was doing. People in this community are not out for blood. If anything the only outrage I've heard is people upset at this suspension. The community doesn't want my head on a pike. All this community wants is a fun, active game to play again. Aren't we trying to avoid creating a toxic atmosphere? There is definitely a clear indication that since my return I was doing a good job at revitalising interest and getting the ball running again. I was communicating with other faction leaders behind the scenes and working on a roadmap of events and roleplay to take place as the year progresses. Hell I'm sure if you were to ask the community, opinion on this suspension would overall be different to the verdict.

Unbanning and letting me lead again was a good decision. It has had only good effects so far. The admins made the right choice back then. But now all of that positivty has now been shut down. To what end does this achieve? What kind of community are we trying to build here? Where are our priorities?
Hey there, posting here as a faction leader.

When lyth was first banned, he handed me his accounts with his [LN] ships a day before he got unbanned, with his will being for those to be turned into faction shareds. So, if possible, I still have access to his account with the [LN] ships, which would be put to great use in different sectors of the faction (ex: ESRD, Gold wing, Capital Fleet, etc.). So if possible, can the said account be unbanned, with the purpose of having the assets be recycled, fulfilling his actual will? In the end it will only prove helpfull.

It would be really appreciated if this was actually taken in consideration instead of letting all those go to waste. Thanks in advance.
Your appeal has been voted on and before you return, you must be told this.
Over the course of the last half a month we have been discussing in great detail what constitutes as a last chance. How many times is a member able to appeal from a ban like this. Needless to say, we would rather have your name not be associated with the number.

Your access to the server has been restored. Keep it that way.

Admin link to vote
Thanks.