Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Couple of questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guy's I have a few questions for which I could use answers:

1: With Freelancer ID would it be RP-like to use zoners equipment? (zoners are freelancers afterall... if so, are there any other factions I could use equipment from as FL ID?)

2: are there any kinds of "macros" for chat messages? (I assume macros arnt illegal... I would really hate to have to type "Pilot *******, cut your engines and prepear for cargo scan" (or anything similar), coz chances are, if he's a smuggler and by the time I type this and scan him, he would probably be 5k away from me laughing lol)

3: this is a technical problem I have, every time I use a JG (I didnt test it on JH yet) connected with New Berlin system (doesnt matter if I'm entering or exiting) my comp reboots and when I log back in, I'm thrown someware on the edge of the system... I had this problem before, and I know solution was extremely simple, but I cant remember it, I thoght solution was to lover my cinematics detail to minimum but it's not (I know it has to do something with freelancer and not with my comp)

ty
1. Zoner equipment is perfect for freelancers, but dont forget you can also use any civilian equipment in the game, and through RP you can work out deals with factions to get ahold of their weapons as well, so long as you do not equip conflicting faction weaponry.

2. Yes there are, what you do is open chat in-game, type /t # message - where # is 1-9, and message is what you want the message to say. After you do that, all you have to do to repeat that message is type /# - where # is the number of the message you set.

For example, I could type:
/t 1 Identify yourself and state your business in Order Space

then, to replay that message, all I have to do is type /1 into chat, and it automatically says "Identify yourself and state your business in Order Space"

I think theres a way to make it include the name of the player or npc you're currently targeting, but i dont remember exactly what the command is for that.

3. Im not sure how to help you here, I do know that if I -ever- use a jump gate or jump hole while tabbed out of the game (i.e. looking at the forums), as soon as I enter the jump tunnel my computer crashes. It's most likely a hardware problem, I know theres some sound and video options you can disable that will generally fix this issue but once again I dont know which ones they are =P

To include a selected players name in the message use "#t"

Deactivate 3D sound!
' Wrote:2. Yes there are, what you do is open chat in-game, type /t # message - where # is 1-9, and message is what you want the message to say. After you do that, all you have to do to repeat that message is type /# - where # is the number of the message you set.

For example, I could type:
/t 1 Identify yourself and state your business in Order Space

then, to replay that message, all I have to do is type /1 into chat, and it automatically says "Identify yourself and state your business in Order Space"

I think theres a way to make it include the name of the player or npc you're currently targeting, but i dont remember exactly what the command is for that.

i think if you click on a player and write /t message you open a private chat to the player you clicked... cause /t stands for target
about the massage /t# for target /l# for local /# for system /g# for group
the crash problem i had it as well reinstall the game it worked for me
' Wrote:i think if you click on a player and write /t message you open a private chat to the player you clicked... cause /t stands for target
I was not sure about it. Type "/setmsg [N] blabla" or "/setmsg [N] blabla #t", to include selected players name

Tip: Use "/?" ingame:D

' Wrote:about the massage /t# for target /l# for local /# for system /g# for group
the crash problem i had it as well reinstall the game it worked for me
Whats the prob? 5-10 minutes to do a fresh install of the game.
thx for the help guy's, I'l have to experiment with those messages