Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: The Lane Hackers // From: Jack Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:
[Image: VFOENuj.jpg]

Accessing channel
Source ID: Jack Light
Encryption: #CYN-581-DPL

Greetings,

It's been a while since we last spoke and much has changed. As of late I was forced to question my personal values and if they were in line with the Communes goals, sadly they were not and though I had hoped to influence them and set them on a better path but they were inflexible, as such I could not bring myself to work with them any longer. In any case I would like to seek your protection and assistance in regards to funding as my own personal bank account is running quiet low, staying hidden is a costly thing as you can imagine and for now I can only trust those who's loyalty extends the length of a coin and hope that I pay enough to remain hidden.

I would also like to inquire if it would be possible for me to reside at hacker owned installations as I wish to establish a network of safe houses from which I can move occasionally to make me even harder to find. Naturally I expect that you will expect information in return, and that is something I have in spades. I made sure to make a personal copy of every report I made to the commune, and on top of this I have knowledge of how their group operates. I'm talking about ship movements, where they operate and knowledge of the location of a number of their instillation's as well as knowledge of who their current allies are. However I should mention that such information won't be given away freely as I've already stated that credits are in short supply and I must make use of every resource at my disposal right now until I get back on my feet again.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

~Jack Light

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Dear Mr Light,

I invite you to Cochrane. These things should be discussed in person.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Quote:

Accessing channel

Greetings,

Cochrane Depot would be an acceptable location to meet as I am not far away. However I would like assurances that I wouldn't be harmed, held against my will or gunned down. Additionally I would like to bring a personal guard for additional protection. Don't take this as a sign that I don't trust you, it's just... well I'm in a position where I have to take every precaution.

~Jack Light

*** Upon reaching the end of the recording a program launches that causes the message to become corrupt, it then re-encrypts the message and then erases any trace of the message from the network ***

...Professor.Provocateur.Nicole.Hunter.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 1b.png][Image: 7.png]

Don't be silly, Mr Light.

You are no longer under protection of the Commune or any other entity we would recognize. If we had deemed your extraction as strategically important you would have already been tracked down and brought to us on very different terms. Considering you said yourself you're nearby it shouldn't be that hard. It was you who approached the Lane Hackers seeking shelter and protection which I was kindly willing to consider. Your reservations concerning my invitation are an offence both to me personally and the reputation of The Lane Hackers. An offence I am willing to blame on the adrenaline rush caused by your sudden defection from The Commune, just hours after its ship was seen delivering liquors to Alcatraz. What is harder for me to forgive is the naivety that a single personal bodyguard can make any difference in the middle of our own compound.

Consider my invitation null and void.

Kind regards,
Professor Provocateur
Nicole Hunter

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Quote:

Accessing channel

It is amusing to observe your logical thought process, veiled insults everywhere and no sense of diplomacy, the kind of behavior I'd attribute to a spoiled teenager girl.

You call me silly? I think you should reassess how smart you actually are, yes I'm no longer a member of the Commune however I have forged good friends outside the commune, friends that are particularly useful. Now I was under the impression that the hackers dealt with information, I'm ready to offer said information and if the hackers can't do so much as to indulge my personal interests of my safety then I really question if it was even worth contacting you in the first place. The fact of the matter is I don't trust you, even in your communications with the commune you were rather hostile, it was this that caused me to think you might actually be interested in obtaining more sensitive information about the group.

I've re-evaluated your invitation and decided on a counter offer, if you want to meet it will be on my terms, I will pick the time and place and I will be the one in control... not you, and since I want money and friends it wouldn't be a smart move for me to outright kill you regardless of however tempted I may be at the time. Do not think me the naive fool to walk into a hacker installation unarmed without protection of any sort. You may attempt to track me down but then, better have tried and only few of those succeed. Not only that but you'll also discover that I'm annoyingly difficult to capture but feel free to try.

Unless you wish to do business instead of wasting my time do not contact me again, otherwise feel free to use this channel if you have changed your mind on your... invitation.

~Jack Light

...sender.recognized...decoding.transmission...
...validating.black.lists...
...signature.record.found...
...access.denied...
...channel.is.closed...
...aborting.transmission...

...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...