Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mining?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I keep stumbling over hints that one can mine.
I started a new char, bought a big ass ship that supposedly is great for mining, called the Golem, equipped it with mining lasers... now what? I went to an asteroid field and started firing at the little comets... is that what mining is?
What the hell?
Basicaly yes. You have a proper ship with proper equipment and you shoot little floating rocks in the mining field.
If all goes well, your cargo, or the cargo the ship you have targeted starts to fill with ore.
If you want, you can contact me ingame right now and I explain more adn maybe show you. Look for Little_Barge
*cracks fingers*

Prepare for a paragraph buddy.

So you want to know about mining eh? well here's some things you need to know

Guns: Mining lasers are the only way you can mine. the number of mining lasers determine the output of hitting the asteroids. the more lasers hit the asteroid, the more you get.

Example: say if one laser hits an asteroid, it gives 10 cargo. if you hit it with 8 lasers, you get 80 cargo.

ship: Each mining field uses different ships for a better output. like the rhino for the kansas copper mining field. starburst for helium in pennsylvania, etc. Different ships affect the resource outcome.

Id; Mining will improve drastically if you use the correct id. Different locations have different id requirements. copper in kansas: DSE, gold in dublin: BMM, Diamonds in omega-11 - dauman heavy construction.

Mining: see those little asteroids floating around in your screen, Shoot them to get the resources out of it. Mining will take a while depending on who you're mining with. you can direct cargo to someone's elses cargo hold by targeting them like you normally do in combat, it'll send the goods to them.

You could also mess around with the graphics in the options menu for making it easier to find asteroids as well.
Haven't checked mining out yet but glad these posts all popped up. Thanks to all for their inputs.