Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So you want to be an unlawful in New York?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Well lets see what we have here... people posting and complaining that the law dogs in Liberty, NY is particular, are a bunch of capwhoring, gang raping fools. Well lets see who we deal with every night and see why it might appear that we are that way.

Lets start by listing the groups that we deal with almost every night:

Well, there are the 5 Factions who are supposed to be there:
Xenos
Liberty Rogues
Lane Hackers
Outcasts
Order EDIT: Not really unlawful, but still an adversary.

Now for everyone else:
Corsairs
Mollies
MAF
CCS
]M[
RHA
LWB
Ravens
AFA
Indy Pirates
Smugglers
Unlawful Mercs
Freelancers that hunt law dogs
Newbies
And all the others who show up for their daily PVP fix.

Oh, and lets not forget, Liberty and Rhineland are on the brink of war, so 4.85 promises more baddies.

Now, after hours of this, who wouldn't be frustrated? Hmm lets see hands, and dont lie.

So like 18 different groups and the newbies. Sure, we need one more person or groups who thinks that they are gonna roll into Liberty and "Teach dem law dogs a thing or two." Some of the groups listed above SHOULD BE fighting each other, and don't. They team up to kill the lawfuls. Talk about OORP, and people complain about the lawfuls?

I am sure that any one of the groups listed above would love to have 18 different groups come and visit all the time......

This list was compiled from numerous individuals, so no, it isn't just one person who feels like this.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, lots of these people show up in a gunboat.
Clearance:

For all of my life, I have never seen any MAF, RHA, LWB, or AFA in New York. I highly doubt that those fractions would allow their members in for their "daily PVP fix" as it's rather OORP and the leaders of those fractions are all respectable d RP-ers.
The Ravens never show up anymore (though they have before) and freelancers are not allowed to openly attack lawfuls.
Just a note.

But besides some of the groups there, above is true.

However, in 4.85, the Navy will be stepping away from patrolling (or it will be trying to) to combat Rheinland forces.
Hence, why all LN characters must get guard tags to designate that we are naval officers fighting in the war.
Hopefully, this will pump up LPI recruitment.

My only worry is the unlawful spam that will take over New York while the LN is camping in Bering or Hudson.
This topic is for... what exactly?

Both sides have their woes in Liberty. It's Liberty, it's both the pinnacle and all-time low of RP in Discovery. Don't touch it if you aren't mature enough to handle it. Honestly, I left Liberty for a good long time. I couldn't handle it. Now I operate there almost exclusively.

The saying goes: If you can't take the heat, stay out of the <strike>kitchen</strike> Liberty.

(Draya says sorry though, Hull.)

Edit: MAF is active there all the time, TDL, and I just saw a Raven a few days ago. (He killed... 5 players in his Sabre?)
Many of the unlawfuls who come by in anything large than a gunboat have a rather "Shoot first, don't even bother asking questions" attitude, despite it being against the rules, and generally foul play. When asked why they will often reply "oh... bcuz u alwayz do it 2 me". The [LN], LPI and =LSF= are not represented by the independents, and not all independents are alike. I see very few faction players turning their guns on anything red without the grace of a word, and the players who do, independent or not, have rapidly disappeared from Liberty.

Seeing as the LSF are incredibly inactive at the moment, and the LN seem to do most of the lawkeeping despite the LPI's efforts, it's going to be up to the random Hunter and Lawful indies to do most of the work. Then again, as of next version our NPC's will actually contribute, which is probably one of the largest reasons so many people regularly come by to "school dem lawdogs".
' Wrote:Well, there are the 5 Factions who are supposed to be there:

Outcasts

Now for everyone else:

CCS
They're not Outcasts? When'd that happen?
now maybe people realize why I was so adamant about trying to get order capships out of liberty =P
XA = top quality
LR = top quality
LH = top quality

At least most of your enemies are classy.
Don't forget the Phantoms, they show up on occasion.

And smugglers don't really count... They don't try to kill the lawfuls, generally.
' Wrote:They're not Outcasts? When'd that happen?

Well, given that they're supposed to be up in Tau-23...
Quote:LR = top quality
<nods>

I've seen both sides at utter lows. I've had swarms of indy (and factionized, yes) lawfuls chase me down in my Barghest <cough> and my Greyhound. I've also seen pirates (always independent, though) do things just as stupid. But then I've seen lawfuls show restraint, and fairplay, and have even been in groups of pirates, factionized and not, that have done the same. Once we even held back from any attack, since we had simply too many.

Everything happens at any given time, and all we need to do is show respect, and RP. It's hard, and some people will have no regard for this, but topics like this are redundant and dangerous.

I would hope this can get locked early.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6