Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: DS Launcher Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Discovery Team , Devs and Pilots

Can you please fix the DS Launcher so it updates Open Single Player and Multiplayer at the same time every-time players use it to log on.

This would fix open player saves and let people who do want to play open sp do it. Not to mention the discoverygc forums could stop kicking every player out who makes a mistake on multiplayer play. Your Banned your Banned your banned your banned and your banned
I've read this post 4 times and can't figure out what you want changed. It updates the full game when you start the launcher. I guess it could theoretically check for updates upon launching, but I don't know what that has to do with SP vs. MP.
He wants to opt out of deleting the single player saves
Though it could be done it should give a warning or not let them connect to other server since Will crash the game

Or he may of ment to hand over the configuration files and sync the characters data
One of the things I've noticed about the dev team is that they tend to prioritize things that benefit the official server more than anything else. While that's good in many ways, some questionable choices have been made along the way, such as this problem of effectively shutting down OpenSP play by deleting the saves. Before that, the single player economy was pushed to the side to make way for a dynamic economy server-side. The little bit of time I've played OpenSP since reinstalling the game shows that that part has been mostly fixed, but not being able to close the game when I need to take a break or else lose my progress?

Please, make this an optional feature, not something that effectively cripples the experience for people who don't want to dive into the RP environment. If, by some chance, there is an option to bypass it already in the launcher's configuration, please tell us how, as it's clearly very frustrating.
Discovery Freelancer is a MULTIPLAYER ONLY mod. The Single Player feature is more of a sandbox, where you can try things you want to buy on MP. I think that was the main idea devs decided to do. Correct me if I'm wrong.
How are you supposed to try things on SP when you can't earn enough credits to buy anything or get anywhere significant? And don't say "Use the character editor to give them to yourself", because that requires saves to work.

For that matter, one of the things that's been touted since the removal of the single player campaign was the integration of OpenSP. If you can link me to an official statement about development being moved to just multiplayer, then I'll concede your point. But until then, I don't buy it.
cash +100000000 in enter???

You have commands in SP.
There are several commands:

Cash <number>

Base <Name>

System <Name>

Park

Rep <number> or if you want rep with all factions to be green: rep = 1
Diamond1 to the rescue!

if you want to play "singleplayer" host your own server. You don't need to make a new folder or anything, you can use your current game instead!

It will save your files similar to how account launchers work. Let me explain

[Image: IsnMI52.png]

You will be in this area, normally when you go find your folder. click on the EXE folder and go in.

[Image: e51X2p6m.png]

as displayed above, look for two particular EXE files, FLSERVER and freelancer.exe (may look abnormal ingame due to it being a mod, that's normal though!)

[Image: Ex4vueRl.png]

This is what it should look like when you open it, put your server in, password in, click ok and then the console will open up and another part of the flserver included, keep these up! (ignore imgur in the background and other stuff)

then press freelancer.exe and go into your server, have fun! also, you can play around with more commands than in singleplayer. if you don't know what to do, just do "Help" and it'll tell you what you can do. you can do basically any command imaginable, from spawning npc's and cash, to teleporting around bases, to making multiple ships in one account (yes it's possible as well, only works for your own multiplayer server, forgot how though)

As far as i know, this is the only way you can play singleplayer with complete freedom instead of "new game" and it saving your files. pressing the disco launcher won't take you to your server. you have to manually do what's above to be able to play in your own area.

edit: i just realised this got bumped up by 2 months -_- I'll leave this here anyways
The entire purpose of OpenSP was so that we didn't have to start a private server just to play on our own. As for the commands, what if I want to experience the process of earning my way up to the ships the old fashioned way? Being given everything for nothing ruins the experience more than anything. I want to explore everything at my own pace, without having to worry about a separate process running in the background that doesn't need to be there.

The point is, it's not a solution, it's using a bazooka to swat a few mosquitoes.
Pages: 1 2