Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Rear Admiral Victoria Knight | From: Gustav Graves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Gustav.Graves.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: mQoAxtk.png]

Esteemed Rear Admiral,

You may not know me, but I can assure you that it might be quite beneficial for you to listen to me. My name is Graves, and I am a Lane Hacker. As a matter of fact, I was the driving force behind the Lane Hackers effort to fight alongside the Battlegroup to break free from their encirclement. Up until recently, I have been with the Inner Circle, before I realized that they were not quite what they made themselves out to be. Since that day, I have taken a break and spent my time in Kusari.

Why am I contacting you? Well, the answer is fairly simple. I am petitioning you for a place in your Battlegroup. The truth is that I miss Liberty, if I'm perfectly honest. Ramen noodles and fried... something get horribly repetitive after a couple days. That, and I do seem to have a pathological need to apply my skills in some way that actually is a bother for someone on the other side, as it were. I could continue ad infinitum at this point, but I feel like I would be wasting both our time until I know for certain that there would be a place for me, as it were. This would be my question to you, Miss Knight.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
Incoming Transmission
[Image: 1zhyYKU.png]
[Image: mm9FuBP.png]

ID: Admiral Victoria Knight
Recipient: Gustav Graves

Loading Message
[Image: 8njrQyK.png]

Mister Graves,

I wouldn't have expected one of the Hackers wanting to join our group but then you say you aren't with them anymore. While I certainly wouldn't mind taking in experienced pilots, especially those familiar with the new grounds we move in, it would be a first. Until now we have only taken in former LSF and Navy personnel and I cannot risk to put my people under any more suspicion than they are at already.

How did you expect your place within my group and what do you wish to reach? That is all I want to know before I see how we can fit you in. There is also the question of your familiarity with our equipment and the way we work. I expect you to familiarise yourself with that. If you can assure me this and answer my questions I will gladly continue this conversation and see how we can work together.

We'll talk soon.

Knight

[Image: gGJCGUi.png]
Transmission Ends
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...uploading.data...

[Image: Iv1On5Z.png]

Thank you for your reply, Miss Knight.

Going over everything again, it seems like I made it sound as though I would be demanding special privileges, and that's absolutely not the case. While I do offer a lot of technical expertise, how you plan to accomodate me within the Battlegroup I leave totally to your discretion, since it would be arrogant beyond belief if I went demanding anything while already exhausting your hospitality, right?

Within the Lane Hackers, I received combat training against Naval vessels and I am adept at both flying Borderworlds and Lane Hacker vessels such as my Vindicator. Given that Naval technology was the main antagonizing force I faced, naturally am acquainted to it in a sufficient manner. I possess a small but fine array of contacts into the underbelly of the Libertonian black market — a remnant from a time where I had more shady dealings, as it were, just in case you ever want to procure something that'd require a bit more cajoling. If I needed to make an analogy here: I'm that dude you can talk to in jail and who can smuggle in whatever you need at that moment, for a small fee or a favour. That's a non-structured overview on what I believe you could use.

Incoming Transmission
[Image: mm9FuBP.png]

ID: Admiral Victoria Knight
Recipient: Gustav Graves

Loading Message
[Image: 8njrQyK.png]

Mister Graves,

Your expertise in fighting the Navy will be useful in the future as well. You might need a few lessons into using our equipment. I cannot have people around who cannot suitably fly our ships. I don't have the luxury of swapping out pilots or craft at will anymore. I will have my CO send you coordinates where my pilots will meet you and bring you to the Harmony. Make sure that you aren't followed. We cannot afford anyone discovering our capital vessels right now.

Make your move to Texas I assume you won't be out of place there. We have space for your ship once you arrive.

Until then Mister Graves.

Admiral Knight out

Transmission Ends
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Neural.Net...decryption.in.progress...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 3c6hdB3.png]

Miss Knight, I can report to you that I have made my way over to Texas. As it stands right now, I have yet to receive coordinates, though I know that it will likely be a tricky endeavour to find a gap within the always vigilant rows of Navy peons stationed in the system in order to look over the Junkers' shoulders and see that they don't engage in any shady business with the Maltese.

All jokes aside, however, I myself am going in blind into this, as it were. While I usually would have the trusty support of the Spyglass Network's abilities to monitor trade lane traffic, I disconnected from it in order to not give the Inner Circle an indicator on where I might be right now. I mean, you did mention something about remaining low-key, am I right? I'll be awaiting the call.

Incoming Transmission

MEETING COORDINATES: TEXAS D4 - PLANET CHISOS - TIMEWINDOW: 30 MINUTES

Transmission Ends