Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battletransports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-04-2017, 07:27 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 01:17 AM)Lauralanthalasa Wrote: [ -> ]K7: P-19T Akegata Kusari Container Transport

14 turrets 2 of which are heavies.....I really like that ship! Gunboat Freighter.

4 are heawy on it, there is 2 more heawy listed as plain ones, but you can mount 2 more heawy/flaks just fine. I have 10 Iron hammer, 3 heawy and
1 transport flak mounted on my Akegata.
That's wrong, Sasa. I tested the Akegata in SP, and I could mount only 2 heavies.

(06-04-2017, 01:03 AM)Ruairi Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the Crayterian Atlas. That thing is pretty powerful.
The Atlas isn't a battletransport, rather a sort of reinforced train-like transport, perhaps?
Yet, you're right - that's a pretty good transport.

(05-24-2017, 08:17 AM)Agetneor Wrote: [ -> ]"Raba" - hogosha armored transport too < can mount gb turrets
The Raba, as stated bt Taeni, isn't a battletransport, but rather a transporter frigate.
Not sure how you were testing the Akegata since it most certainly can mount 4 heavies:
http://i.imgur.com/trEke5m.jpg

For the sake of completeness, the Taureau and Geisha can also mount a heavy each although they obviously aren't battletransports.

Edit: The actual question was answered in the first post, but to give a definition: A battletransport is a slow turning transport of around 4200 cargo space with 10 or more turret slots, and heavy transport thrust speed (as opposed to liner speed).
(06-04-2017, 09:59 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]For the sake of completeness, the Taureau and Geisha can also mount a heavy each although they obviously aren't battletransports.

This is something I wanted to complain about actually. Why is the taureau not a battle transport while it has battle transport stats, with the description of being a hollowed gunboat used for offensive station boarding?

It's more of a battle transport than akegata is to me. Could you explain?
Thanks to everyone for input, actually.
Should've written this earlier, probably |:

Edit: Don't derail the discussion here, make a new thread.
(06-04-2017, 09:59 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how you were testing the Akegata since it most certainly can mount 4 heavies:

^ + 1.

Maybe it cant mount 4 in single player, but you can on server. Last 2 heawy are "seen" and look as plain ones.
(06-04-2017, 10:18 AM)Ramke Wrote: [ -> ]This is something I wanted to complain about actually. Why is the taureau not a battle transport while it has battle transport stats, with the description of being a hollowed gunboat used for offensive station boarding?

It's more of a battle transport than akegata is to me. Could you explain?

u wot?

Its stats are nothing like battletransports. What it actually is is a sort of lawful Pirate Transport, which when you think about it is pretty much what its description as an "Assault Transport" implies.
If you compare it to the Pirate Transport or the Sair Ptrans, you'll notice they have very similar stats: Around 3000 cargo, ~120k hull, 8-9 guns, mostly forward arcs.
I mostly gave it a heavy turret because it has truly awful arcs and suffers from obscurity compared to the Ptrans. It lacks all the defining features of a real battletransports: core, cargo, turrets.
(06-04-2017, 11:41 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2017, 09:59 AM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure how you were testing the Akegata since it most certainly can mount 4 heavies:

^ + 1.

Maybe it cant mount 4 in single player, but you can on server. Last 2 heawy are "seen" and look as plain ones.

I just checked out my Akegata. Slots 8 and 9 are listed as normal slots, Not heavies. I actually just equipped 2 more heavies for a total of 4 now. When in the equipment dealer you only see slots 1 and 2 as heavies not 8 and 9.

Nice... even better.
Pages: 1 2