Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: On reengaging after dying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I just destroyed a Sarissa outside Manhattan, was destroyed myself a few seconds later. When I undock to leave the system, I see the same Sarissa engaging, and he and an LNS ship both tell me that I need to leave, but he can reengage because I was the only one engaging him and I died.

Is that really allowed? I never logged off and that's the only relevant line I can see in the rules, but they said it was a technicality.
He died in PvP and thus you're both PvP dead.
As posted above
I see. He is still pewing in New york, so I'll tell him.

Thanks.
My understanding of it is followed word for word if you have a BS and a cruiser engage another BS and both BS die then because of the fact that the cruiser lived the enemy BS can no longer enter the system and because of that the friendly BS may enter the same system again.
Yeah, that's what they said.
That is incorrect. This rule seems to be one of the most frequently misunderstood ones.

Edit: To avoid any further confusion, my sentence was in response to
Quote:My understanding of it is followed word for word if you have a BS and a cruiser engage another BS and both BS die then because of the fact that the cruiser lived the enemy BS can no longer enter the system and because of that the friendly BS may enter the same system again.

4.1 If you die whilst in a PVP situation, in any form, that character/ship does not re-enter the same system for 2 hours and the Player, on any of their ships, cannot reengage the aggressors on any character for 2 hours. You are allowed a grace period of 5 minutes to leave the system with an empty cargo hold and you are safe from further attack during this grace period within that system. If the attacker(s) log off, you may re-enter the system you died in

This Rule does not give any such exemption. Therefore both are PVP dead and both should leave the System
(05-24-2017, 06:08 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]That is incorrect. This rule seems to be one of the most frequently misunderstood ones.

Edit: To avoid any further confusion, my sentence was in response to

Well a large number of people interpret the rule in this manner including members of the navy who used it frequently. It's actually one of the main reasons I suggested the rule change when spaz asked for community input. It's all about how you interpret the meaning of the words behind the rule and in this case the rule is poorly worded allowing for many different interpretations.
So really I'm not really wrong, it's just a very poorly worded rule.
(05-24-2017, 06:10 PM)St.Denis Wrote: [ -> ]If the attacker(s) log off, you may re-enter the system you died in

This is the part that causes the loop hole, both ships die but then both must log off, hence both can re-enter the same system they just can't engage each other, then if either ship had a friendly assisting them then they the opposing BS can't enter the system where as the friendly one can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10