Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Good Loadouts for Azurite Mining
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently made a miner with the public Gammu AI ID to mine Azurite and got the Arrasta fitted out with light mining arrays, but I can't seem to get any of the 3x bonuses from the ID when mining. Anyone know what might be wrong with the set up or some alternate loadouts I could use?

Cheers Smile
Artificial Intelligence IFF - Artificial Intelligence ID - Dromedary

tried to mine azurite couple of months ago, slowest thing i ever mined. filling my dromedary once took like 5 minutes. think its just a RP commodity
(05-25-2017, 09:26 AM)K.Reddy Wrote: [ -> ]tried to mine azurite couple of months ago, slowest thing i ever mined. filling my dromedary once took like 5 minutes. think its just a RP commodity

Nope, Azurite got added because it's the first Ore that requires coordination and group effort.

Yes, it's a fleet mining commodity which is dangerous to mine, and the overall danger that a Nomad logs is also there.

If you want to mine it effective, you need 6-8 players.
3-5 miners, 2-3 transports.
I would not recommend mining it on the AI ID, as the Dromedary can't use more than 2 parallel mining lasers. You are better off with a Core or Order Rhino (or a Core Clydesdale), ships that are capable of using 4 parallel lasers.

That having been said it's not wrong to call it an RP commodity. Currently, the prices are balanced for a mining time of 720 seconds, which is only 50% higher than standard ores, yet it certainly takes way, waaaaaay more than 50% longer to mine. Do it for the love only.
I'd also suggested a Voyager freighter, with four (4) mining arrays on the rear. It will hit at the same time, giving you more ore, and allows you to have a forward-facing array of weapons for defense. 550 cargo, which goes down to 500 or so, with armor and weapons.

I used this setup on an Order|-tagged vessel (for the 4x bonus), and mined Iridium (one system away) quite quickly. However, the sell points, and the RP around Azurite, are a bit more difficult.

-Y