Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Contest: CSS and JS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are two projects I'm looking to outsource to the community, with a scientific data reward as a reward for completion and validation.

Project 1: Server utilities CSS revamp

This project is pretty simple. As you likely noticed the player list style is currently barebones and not very interesting. Create a set of CSS rules for the <table> element and its children. The winning design will net the creator a scientific data reward of his choice.

Project 2: Revamped JS sorting

This project aims to get rid of the current tablesort JS created by Blodo that relies on injecting the buttons at runtime. The buttons will instead already exist in the layout and either call a function or be the target of an event listener. The js should be capable of sorting each column properly ASC/DESC. Provide a working codepen example. The winning code will net the creator a scientific data reward of his choice.

Please note in the next API update, the time online will receive an adjustment and instead of displaying minutes past one hour like 1h3/1h45 it will instead use 1h03/1h45.
I'll get on it.
Can we have a contest for docking modules?
Looking at P2.

<3
Already sent you the Project 2 solution link.

<3
Disregard the styling (for now, I'll make another post if I'm going to contribute to that), but here's some quick plug-and-play sorting JS for you: https://codepen.io/audunvn/pen/BRbeOK

The current demo implementation does away with the two sorting buttons and instead listens for clicks on each column header; separate asc/desc sort buttons can be used if required by explicitly specifying a direction when calling sortTable() for each type of button.
Congratulations to everyone that submitted an entry !
My picks have been Error's JS and Kaze's CSS with some features from Error's.

You (including Prot for entering) are entitled one Tier 1 scientific data reward of your choice, as described here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=145777
Grats!

There will be more contests to come.