Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dear Ms. Chelsea Jenkins,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: EDITED_3.png]

[Incoming Message]

[To]: Chelsea Jenkins, Bounty Hunters Guild
[From]: Adrienne Perry/Telic, B.I.S.
[Subject]: Exclusive Contract from BIS
[Encryption]: High

Dear Ms. Chelsea Jenkins,

Usually whenever I make one of these messages I adopt a professional and corporate tone but I assume that would be a waste both of our times so I'll get straight to the point

Firstly, I am in the process of making arrangements with the BPA and the Border Agency so that you will soon be allowed to re-enter the country. As mentioned earlier however, this process will take a few days. However, there is something you can do for the BIS to strengthen your case.

A few days ago, the SCRA had violated Bretonian space by assisting Molly operations in the Dublin system. During the process, they attacked and destroyed Armed Force patrol craft. Although this will have a minor impact, I'd like for you to take down 3 SCRA or Coalition terrorists. I need to be able to show the intelligence service that you are worth your money, to our exclusive contracts. This will definitely go a long way towards achieving that. Upon completion of the contract, you will be awarded with 40,000,000 Credits.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,
Bretonian Intelligence Service, [BIS]-Telic

[End Message]
~ TRANSMISSION INCOMING ~

Sender ID: Chelsea Jenkins
Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, [BIS]

Good afternoon Miss Perry,

Very well, thanks for not going on and on at me and instead coming straight to the point, I can't stand people who do that anyways. A waste of time, as you said, when there are far more interesting things to talk about than how you find today's weather or the new song from the Curacaoan Beach Boys, right?

Thanks in advance for cleaning my criminal registry soon, I still don't see what exactly I've done wrong back then - this guy deserved a cut throat, but I think the Bretonian authorities see that a little different. As far as I'm aware you shouldn't be able to find any other entries in my registry, but one never knows. Maybe a beaten up bastard here and there, I really can't remember. You'll find out soon enough I guess.

So, you want me to mess with some communists? And they helped Mollies you say? Then they definitely do deserve a beating, maybe show them a little how much capitalism can hurt. You've helped me to clean my registry, so you can count on me to give you a present in return. What do you prefer as proof, simple guncam shots or rather some of their space-frozen limbs? Whatever you wish for I will bring to you.

Oh, and before I forget it. I'm used to deliver a special message to the doomed, which one do you want to be sent? Something classy, stereotypical like "Feel the bolt of capitalism!" maybe? Whatever you prefer, really...

I'll get right to work as soon as I can safely enter Bretonia again, except if I should encounter a communist somewhere else before.

Signed
Jenkins
[Image: EDITED_9.png]

[Incoming Message]

[To]: Chelsea Jenkins
[From]: Adrienne Perry, SIS
[Subject]: Assignment at Delta and the Sigmas

Hello Ms. Jenkins,

I have received the gun camera footage you sent via 5.K.Y.P.3. protocols of the destruction of the Coalition targets and I was pleased with the results. I have your next assignment(s) ready for you.

[Omicron Delta]

On a recent fact finding mission to Delta, I was surprised to hear that apparently there had been a unusual lull in the fighting between the Zoners and the Core around Freeport 11. Although Bretonia has good relations with the Core, I was informed that their official policy regarding information about the conflict, is classified. Furthermore, the Zoner militia don't have a proper intelligence institution to help them decipher why the Core has reduced their military activities within the system, which means we weren't able to get actionable intel from them either. Defence Intelligence Staff has a working theory that due to an unusually high number of ion storms over the past month, The Core has been forced into consolidating their forces behind their lines which has also allowed the Zoners to finish their ship repairs on time and ready their militia fleet in case of a resumption of conflict.

I need you to deploy to Omicron Delta to see what you can find out. Personally, I don't think we can find out much and I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't able to either, but at the very least you should be able to make some friends there that we may be able to rely in the future. The foreign ministry wants to be absolutely sure we're able to collect as much information there as possible and we want the ministry to be as prepared as possible in case there is a ceasefire between the Zoners and the Core in the works, even if that outcome is unlikely.

Please go to Omicron Delta, make some friends, and find out what you can. Upon completion of the assignment, we will forward you $20,000,000 Credits and if we gain useful/actionable intelligence, there will be a $10,000,000 bonus attached.

[Sigmas]

In addition to the assignment at Delta, it appears that a new short term conflict could be brewing in the Sigmas (Reference). Please deploy to the Sigmas and speak to any Samura and GMG officials, if you can. Intelligence from the Blood Dragons and Golden Chrysanthemums will be useful as well, especially since they were our allies during the war with Kusari. Our priority is to find out the strategic goals of either the GMG or the Samura or any other faction, and the interests of any outside factions that might collide (e.g. the Blood Dragons, GC or the Kusari government). If you need any assistance in the matter, I am currently based out of Freeport 9 at Omicron Theta and I can redirect further resources if need be.

Upon completion of your briefing/report, you will be forwarded $20,000,000 Credits. Good luck.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,
Secret Intelligence Service, Bretonia

[End Message]

Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, [BIS]

It's been a while since we've spoken the last time if we neglect the simple contact I had with you to deliver the issued kills on the Coalition. My apologies that getting my hands on some of their bloody heads took a little longer than expected, but trust me, those kids have been and still are real nuisance. Trying to spread their propaganda, but when they are actually faced with a gun in front of their head, they start running like poltroons. As far as I'm aware, those I managed to catch weren't high tiers inside the communist network, but I guess that's not much of an issue to you. A communist is a communist, and those who dare to propagate their ridiculous crap shall be exterminated. Say, did I catch your way of thinking well enough with that? I'm still working on, you know, finding a cause to killing these people. Despite the fact I get paid. And that's actually more than enough of a reason.

Anyhow. Frankly, I already begun wondering whether you and the BIS have been forgetting about this little pet of yours you got, and yes, I'm talking about myself. Already begun to feel a little bored. Day in day out shooting the same flower, I could really use some variety.

Which doesn't mean I'm not surprised by my next assignment. I thought you needed a killer, somebody to get the dirty stuff done without batting an eyelid about it. And now you want me to become your spy, huh? To the Edge Worlds? You couldn't have chosen a place that is farther away than these mad sh.it-systems, now could you? You wanna get rid of me or what? Heh.

You know me though, the money, this sweet money you're offering me for doing this crap. Couldn't say I even considered resisting, so you can count on me. Don't expect me to come back to you as the most garrulous person that is talking only for the talk's sake. Please kill me if I do. Thanks in advance.

I'm expecting my stay on the Freeport to be payed by your side though, I'm sure that can be arranged. And don't book me an apartment on this ticking explosive, aka Freeport 11. I'd prefer 8 in Sigma-15. I ain't afraid, but I like my life, and I would prefer not to be bombed into oblivion from one point to the other out of nothing. If somebody wants to kill me, he shall do it from face to face.

Signed
Jenkins

Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, [SIS]

Let me tell you this straight forward before we come to business (and yes, I know I once said I prefer getting to straight to the topic without much rabbiting. I lied, okay? Or this "making-cool-friends" thing is already making itself felt). What you have sold to me as a nice apartment on Freeport 8, it's a joke, what the hell are you even thinking? I've seen a lot of stinky ratholes in my life, it's kinda unevitable in my former branch of work. But this? It even tops the worst apartments of the worst punters, johns, however you wanna call this dregs. I mean come one, you gotta be kidding me, Perry, is this seriously how the Crown expresses her thanks to her undercover agents, sticking them in the same room with some dead rats and vomit on the floor? Or is it just to, you know, "keep up appearances"? Whatever is it, hey, only 'cause you know about my past that doesn't mean you still gotta treat me the same way. Or that I'm fine with this sort of lifestyle. I mean, I am, but I ain't gotta like it.

Okay, now back to actual business, 'cause that was a joke. Apologies for wasting your time, but I just couldn't resist. The apartment's fine, by the way.

'Ya know, I've been striving through these Omicron systems for a while now, Rho, Delta mostly, but they weren't up to much honestly. You can take my words quite literal, space has been dead, even deader than dead - if that's possible, and I can actually tell you, it is. However! "My multiple attemps were not in vail", if you call it that way, because in the end, I actually found something yesterday. Yup, I stress it, something, not somebody, as I'd have preferred to be honest. Talking to an Artificial Intelligence is weirder than I'd have expected, like, you got no idea what they are really thinking, you can't judge their voice or gestures or facial play because they have none. Weird.

I had a little chatter with this thing, it seemed to more or less be an observer, tasked to listen into stuff other's are saying, but I guess it's best if you see for yourself. The audio and screen logs will be attached below for your sole amusement. I'm not sure whether this is what you asked for (because I'm gonna be honest with you, I can't remember what exact tasks you gave me, I just kept in mind I shall chat, and chat, and chat on and and and inform you about me chatting. That's the crux, right?), but it sounded kinda interesting I guess. Stuff SIS could be interested in, seems these A.I. units are pissing off both Core and Order quite heavily, besides their cooperation with the Corsairs - not like this would be a no-go.

Anyhow, I'll stay in that area for a little longer, I'm still hating it guts, but heh, what you don't do for the money, no?

Signed
Jenkins
[Image: EDITED_4.png]

[Incoming Message]

[Subject]: RE: Assignment at Delta and the Sigmas

Hello Ms. Jenkins,

The intel regarding the PRIME was actionable and as such I saw it fit to transfer $30,000,000 to your account. If theres anything you can get me from the Sigmas, we still need intel on that region as described in my previous message.

However, on top of that, I also need you to start hunting some corsairs for me. Recently they launched a raid on New London and several losses were incurred. We need to make their lives just a bit more difficult than it usually is. If you find a Corsair and successfully kill him or her, I can transfer a $5,000,000 payment over to your account. If theres is anyone, and I mean anyone transferring food to Crete, kill them. Even if they're Zoners. For these transports and freighters, you'll get an addition $5,000,000 bonus (bringing the total to $10,000,000 per kill). If the Corsairs happen to be a member of the Custodi or the Brotherhood, there is an added $10,000,000 bonus to the kill (bringing the total to $15,000,000 for snubs, and $20,000,000 for any transports bringing Crete food).

If you can, find a few other bounty hunters or friendly mercs to go along with you. Ill give them the same payment I'm sending you, but I'll also give you an addition $5,000,000 per extra hand you can convince to bring along with you to these raids on Gamma. I believe this should be lucrative enough for you, Chelsea.

As always, please time-stamp the photos and take all necessary photographic or video evidence you can. Good luck.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,

[End Message]

Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, SIS

Dear, dear, that's a whole lot of money you're willing to throw out of the window of your luxurious apartment on New London. This means that you're either a very generous woman or just ***** desperate to find somebody to handle this cannibalistic pest. But hey, I can hardly blame ya for this hate you seem to have against the Corsairs and their buddies, and I'm glad to see you've chosen me for this assignment. You see, I both believe I can do something about it and could use some more money in my wallet. Seems about right, doesn't it?

I'll see if I can chat with any other people, possibly in the Sigmas as well, but other that, I'll make my way to the Southern Edge Worlds then. Guess Freeport 9 in Theta could become a good alternative to 8 in Sigma-15, it's closer to where you want me to blow stuff up after all. If you could rent me an apartment there as well, I would be forever grateful of course. I would however suggest an addition to your contract, regarding the knocking out of traders bringing food to Crete. Come on, why does it only have to be about food, that's not nearly as much fun as bringing Cretan trade to a complete stillstand altogether, no? Artifact smugglers and any other sort of traders who try to make profit out of Crete's resources or shortages should just as much be given a lesson in my opinion. A bloody lesson.

And just for the sake of the money, okay, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for possible additions for your little gangsquad you wanna put up to deliver the Corsairs a bad-hair-day. Gonna find you the most bloodthirsty morons you can find in Sirius, I promise you that, you know, the ones with much muscle and less brain. I mean, you probably ain't gonna be fond of this sort of merc who is questioning everything and everybody, right?

That's gonna be a whole lot of fun either way. And lucrative just as much. On the other hand, fun and lucrative, isn't that the same anyways?

Signed
Jenkins

Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, SIS

Good evening Miss Perry,

First of all, this was a very curious assignment you gave me without basically saying a word but just sending me some coordinates in Kusari. Anyways, I have met with charming Mr. Jones there and went straight for the meet-up point. By the way, before I forget it, thanks for showing enough trust to not just fob me off with shallow need-to-know basis information. I really appreciated it. I'm sure Jones is reporting to you just at this very moment as well, but let's just say this meeting got compromised rather quickly by a band of KNF laughingstocks. If I was in your position, I'd seriously start wondering how the KNF got their information, after all the chances of occasionally meeting these Blood Dragons "by pure chance" seem vanishingly low, right? If the spy organization got spied upon, well that would be something. In the end, the leaders of this Dragon cell seemed to get away, their movement hasn't been crushed I believe, so another meeting should be well in the possibilities.

Enough of that now, though.

Because what I actually wanted to tell you, or rather ask you, is of a completely different matter. You see, during my stay in the Edge Worlds, as clichéd and simple that might sound, I've started realizing that I don't really know who or what I actually am supposed to be. On the one hand, I'm still that ordinary Bounty Hunter like many, many others, being a seeker of money so to say. And on the other hand, for a while now I have been working for you, the Bretonian Intelligence Service, more or less undercover and more as an affiliate than an actual recruit. Still, by now it kind of feels like I'm standing between two different lifestyles. Some individuals might like that sort of "special snowflake" thereness, but a few days ago I've grasped I'm not such a person. And when we're being realistic here, SIS offers a far better life in the long run than the bounty business. Additionally, let's not forget about how you scratched my back back then, concerning my troublesome criminal register. This being said, all in all I feel like I've been far too reluctant to choose a path, because there are two, and I can't wander both.

Simply put: I am requesting a place in your organization. You have been entrusting me with quite some stuff already, so I hope any possible preservations from your side have been cleaned off by now. Additionally, I believe I can be of better use than right now with just being an affiliate. Should you see it the same way as I do, I'd love to be welcomed into your ranks.

If so, however, I'd request one tiny little thing for me, this would be the allowance to keep my old ship, together with its transponder. I told you I don't want to walk two roads, but since you never know when you might need an undercover identity, it could come in handy, right?

That's all for now. Looking forward to hearing your answer!

Signed
Jenkins
[Image: EDITED_6.png]

[INCOMING MESSAGE]

[Subject]: Intention to join SIS
[Encryption]: Extremely High

Good Afternoon Chelsea,

I have forwarded your request to headquarters and given my recommendation. The work that you have already done for SIS, your adaptability and flexibility are a useful skill-set that we are always looking for.

I understand that you would like to join Her Majesty's Secret Service but you must know that this requires more than just a financial compensation a motivation to work for us. For the better part of the last decade, I have dedicated my life towards fighting the influence of Gallia and advancing the national interests of both Liberty and Bretonia. I know that you have been given a harsh hand by life and I look forward to witnessing you rebuild it and work towards something you believe in passionately.

Welcome to the Secret Intelligence Service of Bretonia, Ms. Jenkins, I look forward to working with you and helping you build your own espionage network.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,

[END MESSAGE]