Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [SIS] - Intelligence Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
SECRET INTELLIGENCE SERVICE - KINGDOM OF BRETONIA - SEMPER OCCULTUS
[Image: fjTa2a4.jpg]

To: SIS Defence Intelligence Staff

Subject: Assignment to Tau-44

The yard crew at Scarborough Station informs me that the HMS Menzies will complete its spaceworthiness trials tomorrow. My SIS contact there also informs me that they captured a Gallic agent attempting to install a rather sophisticated listening device. The device has been turned over to the research department for disassembly. The spy has been turned over for the same purpose. As soon as the ship is ready for service, I'll proceed to Tau-44 as ordered.

In Her Majesty's Service,

Lady Sarah Mountbatten, Agent
Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service

To: SIS Defence Intelligence Staff

Subject: Impact Crayter

I was contacted by an agent of the Octavarium Intelligence Commission. The Octavarium government recently made an offer to the Crayter Republic to purchase the Tau-44 system and all Crayter assets therein. Fleet Admiral Richard seemed to be on the verge of accepting the offer. Shortly after, however, he completely changed his tone and the Crayter Intelligence Service forcibly shut down the channel the following day. Within days of these events, a new Fleet Admiral was appointed in Richard's place and nobody has apparently heard from him since.

This information squares with rumors I've been hearing recently. I recommend that we try to get confirmation and additional information from our assets in the Crayter Republic.

As an aside, Agent Shiranui informed me that Minister Kane would be contacting Her Majesty's Government in the near future concerning licensing for an orbital installation and the aquisition of heavy military hardware. They offered the above information in hopes of expiditing Minister Kane's requests.

ATTACHMENTS:

To: SIS Agent Mountbatten

To: Crayter Republic | From: Natio Octavarium

To: Allies of Crayter Republic | From: Zack Xander

To: SIS Intelligence Database

Subject: Big Trouble in Little Crayter

Yesterday, while I was out on maneuvers aboard the Menzies, there was an incident at Canberra Star City involving the Crayter Military. As you know, Canberra is a residential facility housing most of Natio Octavarium's civilian population. Last census placed the population around 30,000 people. Natio Octavarium operates the station as neutral port and maintains a no-fire zone around the station to protect the civilian population. The CR Olympia, a Deimos-class Dreadnought, violated that no-fire zone to destroy a civilian freighter in front of two Octavarium ships. The station sustained minor damage due to the Olympia's use of Flak Cannons in close proximity to the station. Fortunately, nobody was injured and the damage has already been repaired.

Needless to say, Minister Kane and the rest of the Octavarium Government is furious. He sent a message to the Crayter Military, BCC'd to me, demanding an explanation and asking the whereabouts of FADM Richard. FADM Xander's response was surprisingly hostile considering he was addressing someone who is supposed to be an ally. One good thing did come from this, though. FADM Xander did confirm that FADM Richard was arrested by the Crayter Intelligence Service on charges of treason.

Any lingering doubts about a coup in the Crayter Republic can safely be put to rest at this point. The new government seems intent on following its own agenda, regardless of any agreements made in the past. The situation is quite disturbing to say the least, and we should keep a closer eye on matters in Crayter space. I don't think this situation is going to calm down any time soon.

To: Crayter Military | From: Natio Octavarium

***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....
....execute additional security encryption....
....connection established......

....signal cut....

***COMM CHANNEL CLOSED***
***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....

[Image: jonas5.png]

[To]: SIS Defence Intelligence Staff
[From]: Jonas Hudson, SIS
[Subject]: Intel Report
[Encryption]: High

Professor Alfred Steiner of Cambridge alerted the agency about a pressing issue a few weeks ago, and I was directed to make contact over long range. He was vague but I decided to travel to his location in my AT, and tried to meet up with him at Freeport 11. I was intercepted by Nomads that seemed to be blockading the station as I approached and was forced to go to ground. Eventually I was able to follow up with the Professor and he provided me some rather interesting data regarding some interactions with vessels that frequent Bretonia. They were mainly regarding Battlegroup Auxesia vessels, appearing to demonstrate 'pro Nomad' sentiment. Logs and scans were uploaded by the Professor, who managed to witness some in space communication of that nature. I have linked the source.

I'm unaware of the Professor's security clearance, do you want me to get him to help us analyze this data?

Link to Correspondence

Standing by,

Agent Hudson

Her Majesty's Secret Intelligence Service, Bretonia

[Image: 2qamo8z.png]
....signal cut....

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka
To: SIS Control

In the interests of further exploring diplomatic options with individuals and groups scattered around sirius, I have ventured from Omega-49 to the far reaches of Omicron Delta. During this time, I encountered two particularly interesting conversations.

The first one being with the Coalition science division (or at least that is what I am lead to believe). Their conversation yielded very little by way of intelligence, but they have expressed a keen interest to the outcome of the current diplomatic discussions going on in Omega-49. They have also expressed a willingness to interact with the University of Cambridge in future. We ought to keep an eye on these developments.

The second encounter was with an individual known as 'Nyctophilia'. She is a strange case that we should most certainly keep a close eye on. She expressed a willingness to be employed by us as an asset, although I am unsure if it will lead anywhere in particular. The Logs and Images can be provided upon request.

Transmission Terminated
***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....

[Image: jonas3.png]

[To]: SIS Defence Intelligence Staff CC: BAF DIS
[Subject]: Intel Report

As per request, at the behest of James Skirka I made contact with an operative by the name or callsign of 'Nyctophilia'. I successfully recruited them as an intel asset. However in all further communication regarding this asset they prefer to be referred to by the callsign 'Nathalie Crouse'. I have attached a copy of our correspondence and they relayed to me, after a slight delay, records of some Auxesian interatctions showing they are in some cases trying to maintain neutrality with Nomads. This intel was ordered weeks ago and I believe we should 'shelf' it pending more urgent needs in New London. We may need to enlist as much of Battlegroup Auxesia now more than ever. I will continue to make observations.

Intel on Auxesia

In regards to the advances into New London, I have begun to prepare all of the assets under my responsibility to contribute to BAF defenses. At this time I must reiterate a report I made several months ago regarding emergency measures to augment the New London defense. I again recommend we try to implement these measures ASAP to counter any imminent offensive.

Filed 7/22/825

In the short term, I believe we can achieve the distribution of our NEMP's among our agents, the commissioning of several Crecy class Destroyers commanded by any agents capable, and the assembly of a bomber strike force, in particular to deliver NEMP's to defend New London (NEMP Bomber force). With the director's permission, I am prepared to get to work on this right away.

Standing by,

Agent Hudson

....signal cut....

Sender:
Agent J. Skirka
To: SIS Control

A patrol was conducted yesterday in order to explore the situation regarding Newcastle, Myself, Agent Statham, Junior Agent Clyde and secondary fleet officer Remes made off to explore the known routes into the Newcastle system to check to see if they were still open.

Junior Agent Cyde and myself took the Dublin-Edinburgh-Tau 31 route to Newcastle and concluded that all Jump Hole connections were working correctly and have not moved.

Officer Remes and Agent Statham followed the Dublin-Leeds route and concluded the same.

Both parties arrived at Scarborough shipyard and proceeded to move towards the Manchester Jump hole to finish our sweep. Upon passing Belfast production facility, we were all very alarmed to discover the Battleship Embrun sitting outside of it, while the station itself was surrounded by the Battleship's respective battle-group with Belfast under Galllic Royal Intelligence control. Given the size of the station is it possible that they are using this base as a type of Headquarters, although this is unconfirmed.

We arrived at the Manchester-Newcastle Jump hole and found that the connection was still stable and un-moved like the others. As such, there are ways in which we can supply Newcastle, although they have a high chance of death to those who use those connections. I recommend contacting independent smugglers and/or the Gaians to explore the possibility of supplying Newcastle.

Attachments:

Documentation.

Transmission Terminated
***COMM CHANNEL OPEN***
....decoding signal.....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....
....proxy redirect....

[Image: jonas3.png]

[To]: SIS Defence Intelligence Staff
[Subject]: Broadcasting from New London

Hudson Reporting:

The last week has been extremely active since the beginning of the Gallic offensive. I have been flying mostly in New London near the planet, or up by the wreck of former Southampton Shipyard. Many changes throughout the frontline areas have been observed. I have been present at a number of engagements in New London and Leeds.

Morale seemed low at first, but the fact New London has not instantly folded has given many manning the defenses a strong determination to hold out. I've tried to provide scouting information to the fleet wherever possible.

I also touched base with a foreign operating cell of the Maquis. They have been integral to the defense of New London since they arrived, and we should consider sending them aid and assistance in any way possible. They, among others, have joined up with an impromtu flotilla of Outcast, Crayterian, Council, and Liberty Navy vessels that have come to make war on the Gallic fleet here. Luckily, many have flocked in large numbers to the area to keep the enemy at bay.

On top of the repeated waves of GRN fighters, and Royal Navy capital vessels drawing our forces into battles high above New London, the Gauls launched several counter attacks to a joint BAF/LN operation to reinforce the system with a large group of siege cruisers. I believe the majority of those ships made it to New London intact. For the immediate future it seems all we can do is try to inflict as much damage on the enemy as possible in hopes of breaking their momentum.

Combat Photolog

Standing by,

Agent Hudson

....signal cut....

To: SIS Intelligence Database

Subject: Under a Yellow Sun

Today I took the Party Van to the Zurich system to follow up on reports of a direct connection between Gallia and Rheinland. I can now confirm that the information is accurate. Aside from the star itself, the system contains a number of points of interest. The Gauls have built some infrastructure and two space stations in the western half of the system. Gallic Naval patrols are sparse and tend to consist of single fighters. I destroyed two of the more distant patrols and captured their pilots for later questioning. I found no signs of modular stations anywhere in the system.

Natural features
Glarus Cloud
The jump hole from the Cologne System deposited me at this location. The cloud appears unremarkable, and is located well away from Gallic infrastructures. I encountered no patrols in this area. I wouldn't count on it, but it's possible that the Gauls haven't discovered the jump hole yet.

Valais Cloud
This large cloud is located in the eastern half of the system. Like the Glarus cloud, it appears unremarkable.

Planet Avers
This ringed gas giant is orbited by two moons, Cresta and Ramsen. There is no Gallic presence here, and the three bodies appear to be of no more than scientific interest.

Bern Field
This is more properly an asteroid belt than a field. It is located in a close orbit around the system's primary.

Vaud Cloud
I was unable to get any readings on the composition of this nebula due to it's unusually high sensor scattering qualities. From within the cloud, I was unable to get any reliable information on anything outside my own hull. If we can ever get a scientific team here, something in this cloud could be exploitable for improving stealth technology.

Manmade Structures
Zurich-Picardy Jump Gate
This jump gate appears to be of the standard Gallic design rather than a hypergate. No Ageira-made standard gate has that kind of range, though, so differences in Gallic gate design would appear to be more than cosmetic. Either that, or Ageira is holding back information about the true capabilities of Jump Gate technology.

Oerlikon Stellar Observatory
This appears to be a purely scientific station under EFL administration, employing about 1500 personnel. Located near by was a powerful orbital telescope. The Gauls are likely as interested in this system's unique qualities as we are.

Unknown Station
During my exploration of the Vaud Cloud, I stumbled across a large station complex of some kind. In fact, I nearly crashed into the station before I saw it. Due to the nebula's sensor scattering effect, I was unable to get anything other a visual scan. I wasn't even able to get a name from the station's IFF beacon, nor who controls it. Internal scans likewise came up blank. I know I was spotted by the station's crew, as they opened fire on me. I'm not sure how efficient their sensors are compared to my own. It's possible they learned as little about me as I did about them. I would not assume that to be the case, however.

ATTACHMENT: SIS.SM/PV.FLIGHTREC/8251208-GA.ZUR

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14