Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dear Inspector John Steiner, BPA) [Chelsea Jenkins patched in]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: EDITED_2.jpg]

[Incoming Message]

[To]: Ins. John Steiner, BPA)
[From]: Adrienne Perry, Bretonian Intelligence Service
[Subject]: Case regarding Ms. Chelsea Jenkins
[Encryption]: Extremely High

Dear Inspector Steiner,

My name is Adrienne Perry and I work for the government's intelligence service. I was referred to you by a mutual friend of ours in order to look into the case of a certain Ms. Chelsea Jenkins. Several years ago, she was held captive against her will and under extraordinary circumstances and duress, she killed her captors in order to escape. As a result, the Bretonia Police Authority issued an arrest warrant against her. Thus, she is currently outside of Bretonia, working for the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

I am writing to you today to request that the case be re-examined so that we can prevent the possibility of a miscarriage of justice. Recently, the B.I.S. was able to make contact with her and we believe she has an excellent skill-set that we need in order to strengthen Bretonia's national security interests. As part of her terms for working for us, she has requested that we look into her case. Having heard her side of the story, I wanted to ask you personally to re-examine her case to see if we are missing anything important here. As I understand it, under common law she had committed aggravated assault, however, it should be highlighted that she was held captive against her will during this time. I also know that it is not within the law books, but I wanted to say that it is a basic, human instinct to be free.

So I humbly implore to you to re-examine this case for the possibility of a miscarriage of justice. I am happy to cooperate with the BPA) as necessary.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,
Bretonian Intelligence Service,

[End Message]
BPA NETWORK LINK ESTABLISHED

Officer: Inspector John Steiner

Adrienne Perry,

Miss Perry
I must apologise to you, it would appear that the case you mention does not show on our database. We have no record of a Chelsea Jenkins what so ever. However, if what you say is true then we will launch an investigation into these matters. Murder is Murder Miss Perry, it matters not who the victim is, nor why it happened. Furthermore it must be established if these events happened at all. Therefore, any information you can provide would be most appreciated. If you could convince Miss Jenkins to come down to the station on number 75 Park lane, New London to have a word with us, that would be helpful.

I hope this has helped.

Ins. John Steiner
Bretonian Police Authority
[Image: EDITED_3.png]

[Incoming Message]

[To]: Ins. John Steiner, BPA), Ms. Chelsea Jenkins
[From]: Adrienne Perry, Bretonian Intelligence Service
[Subject]: Case regarding Ms. Chelsea Jenkins
[Encryption]: Extremely High

Ins. Steiner, I have patched Chelsea into this communication.

She has agreed to explain her circumstances, albeit, remotely.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Perry,
Bretonian Intelligence Service,

[End Message]
~ TRANSMISSION INCOMING ~

Sender ID: Chelsea Jenkins
Recipient ID: Adrienne Perry, [BIS] | John Steiner, BPA)

Good afternoon Miss Perry, Inspector Steiner,

As I've already told Miss Perry the last time we've been in contact with each other, I'm in no way a fan of beating around the bush, even if it might be an art for itself. I believe you are probably of the same kind, so let me come right to the topic why we two have to talk. Working for the Bretonian Intelligence Service, as I was offered and planning to do, of course demands visiting it from time to time as well.

As Miss Perry has already informed you about, my history in Bretonia is not absolutely undefiled, concerning this one incident you already seem to know about. Inspector, you must know my past hasn't been the nicest one, living under bad conditions out of even worse circumstances, having to earn my money in a way I will leave you to imagine. After all, I want to keep a bit of dignity, so excuse me if I won't give an exhaustive account of my previous work. You will surely understand.

What is necessary to know for you is that my work soon made me fall into the hands of a lone Bounty Hunter called Jonah Ward, not exactly the wealthiest guy, but still willing to invest quite a sum of money to be able to call me "his own". If I recall correctly, this must have been somewhere around 820 A.S.. I was in no way fond of this, you can believe me, but my circumstances made it necessary. Actually, this in itself is a crime already, slavery to precise, a crime I naturally tried to escape.

It took me a few months to find a good opportunity, as Mr. Ward wasn't as dumb as he looked like from the outside. However, a few months into our very special relationship, September 820 A.S. if I'm not mistaken, I finally saw an opportunity to break free, and in the process of it had to kill him. In the following chain of events, I left Bretonia, in an attempt to build up a new life, and as you can see, I've been more or less succesful with it. But sooner or later, past will catch up with onself I guess, right?

I hope this has been enough for you to understand that I had no other choice back then. These have been confidential information of mine, ones I would dislike to see being spread, which I'm sure you'll understand as well.

Anyhow, I'm awaiting a call from you. Have a good day.

Signed
Jenkins
Officer: Inspector John Steiner

Adrienne Perry, Chelsea Jenkins.

Miss Jenkins
It would seem that you have commited a murder and no one seems to have noticed. I must say,I am rather impressed by that. However the fact remains that a crime has been commited on Bretonian soil and you have freely admitted to it. That said, you do raise a fair point. Slavery is a crime, and the murder of slavers is not exactly frowned upon in the force. However you did admit that you entered that arrangement willingly due to your circumstances making it necessary. While that doesn't excuse his actions, it does present a rather interesting problem. You were, for all intents and purposes, an Indentured servant. Which is still forbidden, but it is different from being an outright slave.

Now all of that is well and good, however as there is no actual way to prove your guilt aside from what you have told me, and the fact that I am generally unwilling to press charges, I will clear you through the border posts. However I do want to stress that should you be found breaking any, Bretonian laws, you're out. And Miss Perry, I am holding you personally responsible for Miss Jenkins actions.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Ins. John Steiner
Bretonian Police Authority