Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is acting in RP trolling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So I'm cruising around new york in my Cloak waran which I spent around 200 million equipping. I do my normal pirate thing and get a call for assistance so I run to assist and gun down some navies. I then realize I'm taking heavy damage so i cloak out and escape. Since my char is an indie he has no problems ditching Rogues or outcasts to save his own skin.

Then later I roll by get a message from the [LN] in system chat saying "Bye Ted" as some sort of smug retort from them as they could only watch as I continued on my way. So I head to California where they follow me and I continue to avoid them jumping back around to new york via Ontario. I then try and set up on penny lane to catch some traders but at the end of the lane there's a Lawfull. I'm quick enough to turn around and dock with the lane in order to escape him, but he follows behind so I cloak up in the lane and by the time we get to the end of the lane I'm cloaked and I escape. I head back down the lane again because I try to be sneaky and it works. Eventually he shows up again and I manage to dock to penny and escape again. Then when I jump back to new york I spot a trader which I try to pirate for 4 million. The navy arrives and engages me, after Popping the trader I manage to escape the navy yet again.

During this RP interaction my char does some smack talk to the navy about how they can't manage to catch him.

Is this kind of action trolling since a pirate in RP is supposed to run from lawfulls, pirate traders, and smack talk the navy whenever they outsmart them?
Personally, I wouldn't really consider it trolling since you did manage to escape, and are kinda entitled to a little gloating. The only point I would consider it trolling is if it's extremely excessive, a point, for me, I don't see ever. So I wouldn't but who knows what others think. Like you said, you're an outlaw, if you escape the law, an outlaw is gunna gloat some. Let them.
No.

In fact, when I killed a few of Tutashkia's friends, I happily said "Get the hell out of my system, bitch."

Not a single issue arose.
Some sensitive people will tell you it is. This, in fact, is an attempt to troll you by inciting you to roleplay the way they want you to because of their own ooRP proclivities on the matter.

Either that, or they don't understand that "roleplaying environment" mandates a certain level of character-player disconnect.
Some people just ask it ^_^
There is smack talk (from fleeing a battle it seems), and there is cloaking and bragging in local and system wide for the better part of an hour. Even in Commune you tended to avoid confrontation of battle and kept yourself from harms way by syswalling and bragging in an LF for hours.
But then again, we all know that's how you roll, Tick.

<3
There is a fine line to be tread there. If you're flying a cloaking pirate bomber that leaves when trouble's afoot, you're not going to be popular to begin with.
I can't imagine you aren't aware that if you then also start mocking people, regardless of how "inRP" it is, it's going to piss people off on an oorp level.

I'm not sure there is even a question in this thread, honestly. It looks more like you're saying "haha I was being annoying but it's okay because that's my roleplay."
This thread title could be condensed down to:

"Is RP trolling?"

That is not a serious question. You are not asking anything of note, nor saying anything other than "look at me, pay attention to me, I'm irritating."
Anyone who reports smack talking or cussing inrp as trolling is a pussy. In real life gun fights, people dont talk about politics or their life stories, they curse every 5 seconds.

No it isnt.
(05-31-2017, 01:12 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]This thread title could be condensed down to:

"Is RP trolling?"

That is not a serious question. You are not asking anything of note, nor saying anything other than "look at me, pay attention to me, I'm irritating."
Got to sign this.

Sidenote: Happy Bday Jayce.

<3
Pages: 1 2 3