Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Original Freelancer doesn't launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, it is been a while since I didn't play the original freelancer. I tried this a few days ago, and ot seems that once I install the game, and after many many many reinstals, the game keeps crashing. Im trying to put on the Crossfire mod too, but I am affraid it might not work with the current state.

Any suggestions?
What OS are you using?
Erase saves folder - the major reason why unmodded and modded Freelancer crashes. Also, you should make sure if you are doing pure fresh install a.k.a. via erasing entire Freelancer folder in the Program Files, as it may contain lefovers from other mods.
(05-31-2017, 04:51 PM)Freeroamer Wrote: [ -> ]What OS are you using?

Windows 7
(05-31-2017, 04:51 PM)Birb Wrote: [ -> ]Erase saves folder - the major reason why unmodded and modded Freelancer crashes. Also, you should make sure if you are doing pure fresh install a.k.a. via erasing entire Freelancer folder in the Program Files, as it may contain lefovers from other mods.

I tried that, reinstal, even complete deletion of any related stuff. Didnt work.
What about this?
Thing is, it worked completely fine on Windows 7 until installed Disco. After finished with installing Disco, O deleted the Original Freelancer, might this be the problem?
You should be fine but I'd run something like Revo uninstaller because freelancer when you uninstall it it doesn't always play nice when you try and reinstall it
Freeroamer, can ya send me the link of this Revo on Skype? Could use it before installing Crussfire
Afaik, vanilla wont work as long as disco or another mod is is lnstalled