Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm Mark, and I'm not really a "newby" in Freelancer; I've had the original game since 2005, and (as a sci-fi enthusiast) I've liked it really much.
I've discovered "discovery" in 2011, but I had not much time, so I've restarted now, with not a great experience of this "RolePlay". Some users in-game told me to read the basic, but I've only understood that one faction has their own rules. Is that all?
However I'm a great explorer, and I'd like to discovery how to live "respectfully" in discovery.
Well then, welcome to the Discovery mod! Smile I hope you're going to enjoy your stay.

If you have questions or need help, feel free to reach out for [Helper]-tagged players ingame, they are there to do exactly that, helping new people.

Looking forward to seeing you ingame!

Edit: And to answer your question: There are many player factions out there, and yes, some of them have their own set of rules.
Hey there! I hope you enjoy your stay with us and have fun. Smile
Well, I can try to sum up what RolePlay is.

Imagine the whole universe as a Book. You are a character of said book, you shape his actions, thoughts and relations. Through this you basically create a virtual person with feelings and problems. And here in game the chat is used as a way to communicate with other characters you meet in space, as your character. So if someone asks you something, he/she asks the character and you can decide what your character answers. For example: "Where are you from?" "I was born on Planet Manhattan in the New York system."

I hope this clarifies what RolePlay is Wink If you got any more questions, feel free to ask, someone's always willing to help.
~Faby
Thank you guys for answering. Really appreciate your tips Smile
, I've understood your example Wink