Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: is it okay to replace 3db and cmp files in the starsphere folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically what the title says

I am going to replace all of the 3db and cmp files there with the ones from another mod. There won't be a single edit to the .ini files, though.

Oh, and hi.. it's been awhile, eh? If any of you remember me XD
Unfortunately no. The current anticheat automatically detects modifications to any model file regardless of the folder they're located in. Its possible to replace the textures within starsphere models, but any change to the mesh itself is a nono.
(06-27-2017, 08:19 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately no. The current anticheat automatically detects modifications to any model file regardless of the folder they're located in. Its possible to replace the textures within starsphere models, but any change to the mesh itself is a nono.

Oh, how unfortunate. Thanks for the info, anyway, J.
If you got something interesting to contribute I suggest posting a thread in Content Submissions.
(06-27-2017, 12:14 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]If you got something interesting to contribute I suggest posting a thread in Content Submissions.

Nah, it's just a plain copy-paste from SWWT mod. Their starspheres are gorgeous ^^