Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [EVENT] Bretonia vs Gallia - Rematch!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The handling of the Titan is a bit difficult, thanks to the rather unfortunately chosen loadout, meaning it is absolutely only useful against battleships. Also, with the current rules and terms of use, piloting it is gameplay-wise a catastrophe, as the only way to legally log off with it is to either die or to beg people to not follow me all the time when I tried to get out of their range to F1 in space. While Spazzy is pressuring to use the Titan as often as possible, I will only do it when the right circumstances are met and I'm not a helpless sitting duck against snub-swarms. Thus I would like to propose this counter-offer and hope for people to take it like an impatient girlfriend on their fifth date.

Event Series

ATTACK ON TITAN - Episode 2
-
Gallia vs Bretonia Event

PARTICIPATION GEARED TOWARDS:

Gallia
Corsairs
Gaians

Bretonians
Liberty
Imperial Kusari
Crayter
Council
Your Mother

DESCRIPTION

Event Type: Combat Event

Bretonia somehow managed to silently build a Flagship Titan, the HMS-TITAN-"Equinox". Alarming news for Bretonia's enemies. Gallia spotted the new prototype flagship in Magellan for a brief moment, and rumors have spread fast.

This is a series of events that is a sub-event of the current monthly event. The goal of these events is to somehow find a balance between the ships currently used. While the Titan is to be used as much as possible, the opportunity given here is rather unique to this point. The idea is to have Bretonia's enemies take out the Titan step by step.

On a regular basis, the Titan will partake in those event battles, however since the ship is too heavily armored to be taken out that fast, the goal of Bretonia's opponents is to damage it to certain values. Currently, the plan looks as following:

Fight 1: Lower the Titan's hull to 66%!
Fight 2: Lower the Titan's hull to 33%!
Repair Event: See this.
Fight 3: Lower the Titan's hull to 75%!
Fight 4: Lower the Titan's hull to 50%!

Update: The Bretonian Titan got repaired with the patch of Thursday. Goal of this second fight will be to weaken it down to 75%, then it will move out.

Depending on how the Nomads progress with their Titan, I would like to wait at that point for them, as it would be pretty awesome if we could get some Titan vs Titan fleet actions in the latter phase of the current event. If they take too long, I'll ask Spazzy how it would be with another repair event.

The fights will be heavily battleship-based, as I won't even bother logging the Titan against a swarm of snubs and bombers, and everyone and their mother knows that battleships are currently useless against cruisers and battlecruisers, especially the Titan with the current loadout (not a single heavy mortar!) Preferably it would be mixed fights. The battle is won if either Bretonia's side destroyed all enemy ships or if Bretonia's opponents both destroyed the Bretonian fleet exclusing the Titan and lowered the Titan's hull to the mentioned amounts. The first two battles probably will be the hardest, as I don't really know yet how many Valors/Legates/Waffles are needed to make a significant amount of damage against the Titan, nor can I tell how fast the Titan can down a fleet of Valors. So let's try to keep the fights fair and regulate things on-spot.

EVENT RULES AND REGULATIONS

Standard PvP rules, standard fairplay rules for events. Battleships on both sides will be allowed to use cloaks ONCE. No cloaking out of the fights. The Titan by the way comes without cloaks. No restocks, no escape - with the exception of the Titan once the enemy reached the hull damage goal. Do the required RP and feel free to do more than the bare minimum. Both sides wait for each other before the pew starts. Be nice, patient and relax.

And please, ally only with others if the RP behind it is fitting.

SECOND FIGHT! LEEDS!
Friday, June 30th 824
18 UTC

The situation in Newcastle resulted in a desaster. The junkers of Trafalgar will take a while to clean the mess in Newcastle. However, there is no rest for the people of Bretonia. A big battlegroup of Gallic and Corsair ships has been spotted in Leeds, as Gallia is eager to take down the Equinox! Bretonia calls her friends in Liberty, Kusari and Crayter and tries to counter this attack before Gallia gets to gather the fleet together with the Corsairs. Time is running, tea-sippers!

Gallia RV Point: E/F-4/5
Bretonia RV Point: F/G-5/6

For those who can't read:
[Image: 8myJ8Jr.png]

NO BASEHUGGING! STAY AWAY FROM LEEDS AND STOKES!

Gallia and her puppetsBretonia and her waves
Battleship: CNS-Hercules
Battleship: MRG|RNS-Triomphante
Battleship: <AG]VR-Represseur
Battleship:
Battleship: RNS-Tonnant
Battleship:
Battleship:

Gunboat: MRG|RNS-La.Chanteuse
Bomber: C::Manticore-1/2/3
Bomber: Charles.Roche
Snub: MRG|Philomene;Lacroix

Reserve Battleships: GRN|RNS-Amiens
Titan: HMS-TITAN-"Equinox"
Battleship: BAF|A-HMS-Fortitude
Battleship: BAF|HMS-Endeavour
Battleship: LNS-Iowa
Battleship: [LN]-LNS-Malrone
Battleship: [LN]-LNS-Glendale

Gunboat: HMS-Plunderer
Bomber: Lt.Cdr V. Steiner
Bomber: 5th|Ethan:Taylor
Snub:

Reserve Battleships:

Please use the following form to sign up. More Battleship-Slots can be opened if there is a demand for it.

Code:
Primary Shipname:
Primary Shiptype:

- Second Choice -
Alternative Shipname:
Alternative Shiptype:

- Third Choice -
Alternative Shipname:
Alternative Shiptype:

- Fourth Choice -
Alternative Shipname:
Alternative Shiptype:

reserved
IKN can't haz BS's. Check the ID.

<3
hope its you on the titan this time sombra Smile
Yes, it will be me, simply because many people told me they wouldn't even log for the defense of the Titan if it was piloted by anyone else than me again.
Primary Shipname: LNS-Iowa
Primary Shiptype: Overlord

- Second Choice -
Alternative Shipname: RNS-Flandre
Alternative Shiptype: Valor

- Third Choice -
Alternative Shipname: BRF|HMS-Swiftsure
Alternative Shiptype: Dunkirk
Primary Shipname:LNS-Ottawa
Primary Shiptype: Overlord

- Second Choice -
Alternative Shipname:BAF|A-HMS-Fortitude
Alternative Shiptype: Dunkirk

- Third Choice -
Alternative Shipname:<AG]VR-Gascogne
Alternative Shiptype:Valor
Primary Shipname: MRG|Philomene;Lacroix
Primary Shiptype: Serval

- Second Choice -
Alternative Shipname: MRG|Philomene,Lacroix
Alternative Shiptype: Cougar

- Third Choice -
Alternative Shipname: Rebecca.Evans
Alternative Shiptype: Templar
Alternative Shipname:CNS-(name not yet decided)
Alternative Shiptype:Legate

- Second Choice -

Alternative Shipname:LNS-Jessica
Alternative Shiptype:Overlord

- Third Choice -
Alternative Shipname:CNS-Hercules
Alternative Shiptype:Murmilo

-Fourth choice -

Primary Shipname:HMS-(not yet named)
Primary Shiptype: Dunkirk
(06-28-2017, 03:47 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it will be me, simply because many people told me they wouldn't even log for the defense of the Titan if it was piloted by anyone else than me again.

ILL KILL YOUR TITAN WITH A NORMAL KIRK SUNNY JIM
anyway i assume there is no council allowed as per the post? (i ask due to council is often neglected accidently)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7