Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Copyrighted material.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

The old forum/server rules had the following line in them:

Quote:1.6 Use of copyrighted material without the owner's permission
reference

However it seems like this line has disappeared from the new rules and Is now only present in the registration agreement, in a rather non-clear fashion

Quote:You agree content of your own intended for use by groups registered on the DiscoveryGC Community as "Official Faction" or "Unofficial Faction" of which you are a member at the time of posting will fall under a CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

I would like to ask the admins to add a rule stating:
Quote:Not allowed on Discovery forums or server:
(...)
Use of copyrighted or trademarked materials, without the owner's permission, except use cases qualifying under fair-use.
that will pretty much include every image that has been posting here
Why?

(06-30-2017, 03:19 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]Why?

You think all those comm trans bar are pictures of them? They're pictures of characters from TV shows, movies, and such. Adding the line means basically you banned them.
Quote:They're pictures of characters from TV shows, movies, and such
Face cannot be copyrighted.
(06-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]

True. But the Screenshot, Photo or more speciically, the Image of a Face can be Copyrighted.
(06-30-2017, 04:08 PM)The Toxics Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2017, 04:04 PM)Corile Wrote: [ -> ]

True. But the Screenshot, Photo or more speciically, the Image of a Face can be Copyrighted.

witch is usually the case with all of them, a photographer will take pictures and then sell the rights to whoever he wants(ie: a newspaper/tabloid ,etc..)

by adding a rule such as that we would have to limit ourself to text only

edit : in his case as most of images posted here nobody will care about copyrights since there's no profit to be made from suing some random persons on internet and from bad publicity that will cause doing a thing like that

so..rightfully so.. move on from the subject, i know he handles the faction a little..trolish and funny, but picking up subjects such as these won't change that
^ +1
Quote:
[Image: fYehmcH.jpg]

Kalimera.

I am Corile, the eleventh of my line, speaking from 824 AS. It is time to ditch Skype and start using Discord already.

By the way, Polan actually can into space. I speak Greek because the Custodi are the best. Please join. Antio sas.

Yours sincerely,
Κοριλε ΙΑ΄
Corile the XI
Archon

Is this wrong?
I don't exactly see what's wrong with this.

also not flood.