Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Setmsg Command Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day. we have come across a setmsg glitch that has appeared for unknown reasons relatively recently.

For this reason the command is temporarily disabled.
Not cousing so serious glitch to be disabled idefinitly like docking module, i hope?
(07-01-2017, 06:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Good day. we have come across a setmsg glitch that has appeared for unknown reasons relatively recently.

When will be activated again.I love to set msg before going in pirate misions.
(07-01-2017, 07:47 PM)el.ninho Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2017, 06:00 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Good day. we have come across a setmsg glitch that has appeared for unknown reasons relatively recently.

When will be activated again.I love to set msg before going in pirate misions.

When the problem with it has been fixed.
Any ETA on getting setmsg readded?
is there an update on this?
Not really, no, sorry.
We had to essentially gut the whole thing to figure out what was causing the recent slew of crashes. Expect and update soon, but not too soon.
I found our you can make a macro that does the same thing as setmsg (minus the #target and sector thingy). Would that kind of thing be allowed?
As long as you observe the rules of engagement in terms of time and allowing the player to react, I do not necessarily see why not. We do not have issues with macros used for text input within reason.
Just bumping this with a little info and question.

(08-12-2017, 01:31 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, no, sorry.
We had to essentially gut the whole thing to figure out what was causing the recent slew of crashes. Expect and update soon, but not too soon.
Any change on the subject?

(08-12-2017, 03:50 PM)DragonRider Wrote: [ -> ]I found our you can make a macro that does the same thing as setmsg (minus the #target and sector thingy). Would that kind of thing be allowed?

Yes, something like this for AutoHotkey:
Code:
#InstallKeybdHook
#InstallMouseHook

; Hotkey configuration
; Ctrl + Alt + Shift + F1
$!^+F1::
Send {Enter}Greetings{Enter}
return

;
;Symbol Description
;# Win (Windows logo key). In v1.0.48.01+, for Windows Vista and later, hotkeys that include the Windows key (e.g. #a) will wait for the Windows key to be released before sending any text containing an "L" keystroke. This prevents usages of Send within such a hotkey from locking the PC. This behavior applies to all sending modes except SendPlay (which doesn't need it) and blind mode.
;! Alt
;^ Control
;+ Shift
;& An ampersand may be used between any two keys or mouse buttons to combine them into a custom hotkey. See below for details.
;< Use the left key of the pair. e.g. <!a is the same as !a except that only the left Alt key will trigger it.
;> Use the right key of the pair.