Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ships getting stuck on launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry if someone's mentioned this before, but here goes.

One thing keeps happening when I'm playing around in Single Player; I keep getting stuck when launching from certain bases in certain ships. I have 4-5 save games (so far) that are simply there so I can unstick myself with the character editor.

Part of the problem seems to be the default location for the player to launch from, namely, Dock 1. This location is fine for normal sized ships (Fighters and small freightors), but many things larger than this seem to get stuck.
Here's what I've seen so far:

Rheinland Cruiser stuck in Rheinland Battleship (whichever one is in Munich, I forget the name)
Liberty Cruiser stuck in Freeport 11, Orange Base (Wanted to see if there was anything there), and Kusari Battleships (Battleship Nagumo being the one I was stuck on)

In many cases, I can redock with the base with no trouble. Launching again results in the same problem. Also, when I was stuck in Battleship Nagumo, I was unable to redock.

I'm sure other bases with similar layouts could have problems as well. This is all I've seen so far, but I think there are probably others as well.

I like this mod, it seems to be the most well built and balanced mod I've played. Hopefully, this problem won't be too hard to fix without killing something else.
Most of those problems can be fixed by going into cruise. Eventually you should slid or pop out. Some, like the battleship problems might not work like that though.
I definately tried the cruise engines on the battleships, and I think I tried it on FP11. Who knows, maybe it will work next time it happens. I suppose I could also stick to smaller ships.

But it's too much fun watching chunks of rock bounce around in those rings at the front of the cruiser, especially from Cockpit view. :D
Sometimes, if cruise doesn't work, you have to find some way to move backwards and to the side at the same time (X+D/A)
In all of the situations outlined above, I tried such combinations, to no avail. I was totally stuck. I even tried alternating between backing up and using the thruster while steering every direction and using each of the 4 slide keys.