Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Writing an Unwritten Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Right now there is a unwritten rule about removing someone from "power" be it faction leader, mod, admin, or dev

I'd like it to be written

Of course we could argue the semantics of the wording of the rule, but I think the real argument is going to be about time. I believe 30 days of inactivity on the forums to be more than adequate.
So I cannot go on a freaken vacation and leave my 2iC in charge ? Must I always be paranoid that my members will turn on me while I am enjoying my travels?
(07-04-2017, 01:20 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So I cannot go on a freaken vacation and leave my 2iC in charge ? Must I always be paranoid that my members will turn on me while I am enjoying my travels?

If you communicated that on the forums, maybe via once of the lovely leaving threads that you were going on vacation for a set period of time, and you would be back by a certain date which was also communicated on the forums. I don't see why a period of time that a leader acknowledges that they are going to be away would count towards that inactivity.

Communication is the key
(07-04-2017, 01:20 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So I cannot go on a freaken vacation and leave my 2iC in charge ? Must I always be paranoid that my members will turn on me while I am enjoying my travels?

I think he means no notice, as in AWN. Not vacations.
Plus these days you got net almost everywhere in the globe. Poping up in the forums for 5 minutes to check on proceedings shouldn't be hard.
Im not going to let everyone know where I am going or what I am doing . Why should everyone know?
Making a rule about this is stupid and rather should be felt in a case by case. We all dont want to be involved in the IRG problem that you have and have it affect us too.

You have a 2iC for a reason and nothing is stopping you from playing the game. Lets not try to make a dumb rule that only will lead to power grabbing.
(07-04-2017, 01:31 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Im not going to let everyone know where I am going or what I am doing . Why should everyone know?

"I will be away for [insert period of time] on personal business leaving my 2ic in charge."
And nobody knows where you are or what you are doing. Isn't that great?"
(07-04-2017, 01:28 PM)Eris Wrote: [ -> ]

I think he means no notice, as in AWN. Not vacations.
Plus these days you got net almost everywhere in the globe. Poping up in the forums for 5 minutes to check on proceedings shouldn't be hard.

some people dont want to go on the net on vacation. That's what it is for.
(07-04-2017, 01:33 PM)Neon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2017, 01:31 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]Im not going to let everyone know where I am going or what I am doing . Why should everyone know?

"I will be away for [insert period of time] on personal business leaving my 2ic in charge."
And nobody knows where you are or what you are doing. Isn't that great?"

why would others need to know and not just the faction members.
Again, I am NOT agreeing to having it mandatory to post a "tweet" that you will be away.
I dont want it to be a RULE

I still think 30 days is enough then, because you cannot realistically expect to believe that in a 30 day period someone cannot once log into the forums. You wouldn't even need to tell anyone you were gone.

Alternatively besides thinking about this from just a Faction Leader perspective, lets think about this from a server perspective, how much drama did Ally need to cause to get an inactive admins attention? Is that something we as a community wish to go though every time the admin team fails at policing itself at removing inactive admins?
Make a monthly faction leader roll call only visible to admins?

Edit: and faction leaders ofc xd
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6