Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Account-Wide Spanning Issue With Logging Into the Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so this is either going to be something reported before, or not reported before. Or something that isn't a bug and is instead me being IP banned. I don't have the experience to know what it is yet, so please don't berate me if I'm putting this in the incorrect region.

The issue is that, on every account I have, on every ship I have, whenever I attempt to enter the server, I am booted out a millisecond after. The game does not crash, but instead returns me to the server list. I do not have high ping where I normally play, it is mostly anywhere from 110 & below up to 170 ms. The last time I logged in on one of my accounts, containing Blood Dragon ships, was the beginning of this month. I'm unsure if this issue with landing on the official server was caused by a custom ship skin or not. I know I had previously had one in the game changing the red color of the Crayterian shipline to teal, but I don't quite remember if it was on my old PC or my new PC. Excuse my poor memory. I was told by the person who made it that it would not trip the anticheat.

Now, I have tried the following proposed solutions given to me by several people I've asked. None have worked. I should note that my antivirus deems the direct install of Discovery Freelancer as safe to use, so disabling it then obtaining a fresh install probably won't make a difference.

1. Restarting my computer.
  2. Checking to make sure I have the latest launcher version and game version.
  3. Obtaining a fresh installation of both Discovery Freelancer and Vanilla Freelancer, and then restarting again.
  4. Whitelisting all (and I mean ALL) Discovery Freelancer and Vanilla Freelancer files and relative files, and restarting.
  5. Restarting my internet router, and then restarting my computer.

It has gotten to the point where I am losing the drive to solve this issue, so I'm throwing it out here as a last gambit. My operating system is Windows 10. Before you say anything about that, the game ran fine the first time I installed it on here, and I'm pretty sure it should work the second time on a fresh install as well.

This thread will be tied in with a reply on the "Account or IP Banned?" thread list due to my Blood Dragon account being banned from the server for some strange reason, seemingly because I attempted connecting too much.
Well it's not your ping..i get around 100 or around there so its not that. It is also not the use of custom ship skins as i use a whole bunch with no problems. I know people with win 10 sometimes have problems..but you say you played no problem before.. You fresh install everything so that should be good to go... Confused

Unless like you said it might have something to do with your BD account being banned...

Need a Greenie here i think to look into that yes?

Hope you get it sorted Wink
Thanks, man!
Visibility bump.
i think it has something to do with the global workaround of the server system in FL as it was disbaned long ago. so it might just have something to do with the inner workings of FL. as i got it when i played SwwT and others did to and i dont believe they ever find out what caused it. you might ask Friendlyfire on starport if he might know. ( as i think he was a admin of SwwT )

Just what i think i read or over heard at SwwT.