Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Storyline Dev Notice] Reapers of Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi, folks. As I said in another thread a while back, and as we're all aware, sometimes there are parts of the mod which are well known to be mistakes, or things that once worked and simply no longer do. Everyone, especially the story development team, wants the mod to be the best it can be and to provide the most immersive roleplay setting possible. Probably the most crucial part of this process is not adding new things, but realizing when things need to be removed.

To get straight to the point, the Reapers of Sirius faction has failed, for several mod versions now, to be a positive part of the roleplay environment. We've tried to encourage players to breathe life into them, but despite everyone's best efforts, no RoS faction has cropped up and lasted, and complaints about the NPC group's continued presence in the mod are still frequent from most sectors of the community.

As such, we'll be removing the RoS and repurposing their assets, through entirely in-lore means (that means no retcons). Any further attempts at playing the Reapers of Sirius on the part of players would be futile at this point. It's our sincere hope that this will encourage the community to focus more productively on giving love to other factions which are more well-integrated into the lore.

As always, thank you all for giving us feedback in our quest to make Discovery the best it can be. We always want to respond to the community's wishes as well as we can, and we can't do any of this without all of you to help, or to do our work for.
So, rip this newish ex-RoS group, too?
Rest in spaghetti.
Too bad...the faction has some nice potential at a time.
Back in 84 when they were still outcasts -maybe- they did.
Still, they all went the way of the dodo. BIS, RoS, SOB, 101st. Oh well.
BIS? You mean the Bretonia Inteligence Service or some other faction?

And yea, they went all down I supose
Blue Lotus Syndicate.
(07-12-2017, 11:55 PM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Blue Lotus Syndicate.

Hm.

Well. Rest in Peace RoS, hope you gonna find a nice place wherever you go.(trash mostly)
But what about new group? They tried to keep active and it seems, that they are still trying.
(07-12-2017, 11:59 PM)Rusty Wing Wrote: [ -> ]But what about new group? They tried to keep active and it seems, that they are still trying.

They have lost.

I am almost 24/7 on Disco and I barely see one of them.

Aka very very very rarely
Well, this is a saddening notice. It's a shame it came to this, but I offer my thanks to everyone who showed interest in the faction. We tried, and it appeared that we were too slow to getting to the whole deal, shame really.

Its been fun guys.

EDIT: For those wondering why we are not arguing about the decision, in my experience, its appeared that once something has been decided there is no use in trying to stop it. The only part I'll really comment on this is that it's sad the decision was delivered right as we were just picking up thanks to helping many of those in the community. I'd like to thank those who RP'ed and pew'ed with us during the brief time of our return.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8