Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Le Taudis Du Vin | The Montbard Neutral Zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Le Taudis Du Vin

[Image: 4uXCJRG.png]

The Lonely Rock of Montbard

The local Brigand encampment in Burgundy is the asteroid base of Montbard. This small, mostly self-sustaining, hunk of rock is considered one of the least valuable Brigand bases due to his position and lack of any major black market connections. This has caused the administering elder to have to seek other means of income to keep the base operational, and himself in power. He issued orders to those under his command for a focus on a particular target: transports carrying drugs, food, alcohol, or anything that could lead to a good time.

The elder took an approach that no Brigand had gone for before, and rather than displaying his leadership through power and violence, he took a more civilised approach. Through his actions, the purpose of this base was twisted from its original intentions, with the base going under massive changes and renovations. Over 50% of the base was converted to serve its new purpose.

Montbard is split into five sections:
Bowels - Cargo Storage
Lower Deck - Ship Maintenance and Equipment Storage
Mid Deck - Combat Arena
Upper Deck - Bar & Associated Sub-Sections
"The Asteroid Annex" - Adminstaration & Restricted

Upper Deck

The main bar, known as Le Taudis Du Vin, is divided into one main bar accompanied by 3 separate sub-sections. Each section has a particular focus to cater to everyone's tastes. The main bar is what you'd expect from an average pirate hideout. It was a seedy, almost primitive, place with the standard bar and common seating. There are a few booths of which people can meet and congregate, but the main section sees little use in comparison to the others.

To the left of the main area, you'll find the area that is most frequented by Brigands, Marquis, and Freelancers alike. The left section, dubbed "The Délirer" is where most of the parties of the Brigands are held, and it almost single handily keeps the station in business. With roaring music and a deep bass, this club draws unlawful from all over Gallia.

To the right of the main area, you'll find the more laid back and quiet section of the bar. This has ample seating and room for those who want peace and silence to discuss things quietly with their friends or associates, or if they simply want a relaxed atmosphere to spend their free time.

Dead ahead of the main bar, you'll find the VIP only area, that is restricted to non-Montbard personnel with the exception of those who are deemed important enough or have the right connections. This area is not widely used as most prefer The Délirer to the other parts for the natural 'nightlife' it beings. There are some Brigands from other warlords that are permitted within this section, but generally, it's only if they are friends with a high up member of Montbard, or have business within the station.

Mid Deck

The Combat Arena occupies most of the mid deck and is a massive attraction to the base. People come from all over to see various combatants fight in the arena, against each other, or wild animals and robots. The arena serves another main purpose, as the elder has strictly forbidden fights and combat aboard this station, the arena is a place where many come to settle inter-Brigand disputes and arguments. The fights can be aggressive and bloody which is why there is an on-site medical facility connecting to the Arena. Some fights are ruled as for the death when the dispute becomes too great. Matches of all kinds have a large, animistic, audience that places large bets on the fighters making this any man's game.

The Annex

The Annex is where those of high status within the Montbard Ravers reside, it's exclusive and restricted even to most Montbard Ravers. There are two parts to the Annex, the lower Annex and the Upper Annex (or simply "The Annex"). The Lower Annex is restricted to any member of Montbard Ravers, but them and them alone. This gives them a space to be apart from the rest of the rabble they cater to within their station. The Upper Annex is where those of a more 'exclusive perspective' reside and this part of the station is coated in every luxury a pirate can afford. It radiates the wealth they've amassed through this unconventional Brigand practice.

Le menu des boissons

The drinks are a tad overpriced, but given most of them are stolen, and thus limited, it's considered acceptable by all Brigands.

The exterior of Montbard is gloomy and atmospheric as always, Zero thought as he and Remy approached the station. They were arriving together on Remy's L'Ane, with him being the pilot of course which just left Zero to gaze out into the beyond. Gallia really was a beautiful place.

"This is Montbard Base, state your purpose here."

The station guards hailing us.

Quickly responding, Remy answers,
"This is Remy Moreau, of the Boulogne Smugglers, and Zero, of Planet Marne. We are here to use the MR facilities, as well as hold a meeting here." - He adds in a stern tone, "We should be expected."

"Oui. Bienvenue Moreau, you may procead to moor point 2."

Remy shifts the direction of the ship and begins to align with the station, taking heavy caution while he pilots his ship. His skill is majestic, almost an art form.

"Proceading now, merci control."

Zero speaks up for the first time in the long voyage. His voice sounds tired and gravely, one would guess he'd been sleeping for the most part.

"You ready for this Remy?" His tone is inquisitive, filled with genuine curiosity. "This is a big step right here, I hope the talks proceed well."

Remy gives a rather passive answer, but still talking in his usual manner.

"Eh? It's just a drink Zero. That being said, business talks always go down better with alcohol. If anything, this gives them an insight into our culture."

"I guess." Zero begrudgingly admits.

As the pair pulls into the station, Remy does all the normal flight checks ensuring a smooth landing. They walk in relative silence out of the ship and through the station once moored. The hallways of the station are shown to be of higher quality than most Brigand bases and the effort the elder of Montbard has put in is clearly visible, that shows that their tactic has been successful then.

Once far enough into the core of the station, they encounter a large selection of lifts used to traverse the station. Once in, Remy plugs in the upper deck to head towards the meeting point at the bar. Upon arrival, they see the signature of Montbard, the division of it and its sections. They walk straight up to the bartender and utter a code, proving their identity.

The bartender lifts his head to see the duo.

"Oh, its you deux. Is your fête still expected?"

Zero cuts in before Remy gets a chance to answer. "They are."

The bartender nods. "Alright then, off you go." He gestures his hand to indicate the large archway beyond the main bar.

"Merci, monsieur."

The duo proceeds with the bartender's instructions, into the VIP section, before finding a nice isolated booth with plenty of seating to cater to any amount of potential guests - that was assuming there would be no more than three.
Jimmy exited his freighter, it'd been a long flight from Bering and he was thankful for the chance to stretch his legs. During his brisk walk towards the central lifts Jimmy makes a mental note of how tidy and clean Montbard is compared to the other pirate joints he's graced. 'Makes a nice change' he thought to himself.

While the lift was shooting up to the desired floor Jimmy prepared himself.
"Alrighty. Got my suit, check. Best shoes, check. Stylin' hair, check. And old faithful" he added tapping the inside of his suit jacket "that's a double check. Let's do this."

The lift door slid open revealing a large bar and a single, rather stern looking bartender in the middle. Without a moment of hesitation Jimmy sauntered up and declared "Bonsoir, Jimmy the Rat. I believe the duo are expecting me."

The bartender nodded. "Oui monsieur but before you enter, your weapons c'est vous plait."

Reluctantly Jimmy withdrew his trusty holdout pistol and the two spare magazines, plus the switchblade he kept on the side of his right shin. "Take care of that piece, it's one of a kind" he said indicating a tiny rat's head cut into the slide. The bartender merely grimaced at the joke "Follow."

Jimmy swaggered along side the bartender as they passed through a large archway and towards an isolated booth. The bartender waved a silent guesture to indicate were Jimmy was expected and marched off immediately, obviously glad to be shot of the arms dealer.
"Monsieurs" Jimmy said slipping into a seat opposite "your invitation was too kind. You been waitin' long?"
As Jimmy shimmies over towards the pair, Zero's focus is broken.

"Ahh, Jimmy! Our new business partner."

Zero perks up, nudging Remy to shift his attention.

"To answer your question, we've not been here that long, so your timing is apt. Was your trip here pleasant? Did you find the place easy enough? In any case, it's a pleasure to finally meet you face to face."

Zero extends a hand out towards Jimmy as politeness dictates.
Jimmy grinned broadly while shaking Zero's hand. "It was kinda different flyin' up here by invitation and all but yeah, the pleasure is all mine."

He released Zero's hand and looked about the VIP section "You guys really know to style a joint, are all your bases like this?"

Almost automatically Jimmy reached into his jacket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, drawing one for himself he offered the pack to Zero and Remy "I don't know if you guys smoke but I've brought a little somethin' you might enjoy. These right here are genuine Coalition tobacco, grown by the same nutjobs that sent our ancestors on this one way ticket. I figure it'd be poetic to enjoy this last pack while we forge ourselves a business partnership and a little reunion ."

Remy takes a good look at Jimmy, finally able to examine him in person, before shaking his head and taking the cigar.

Bonsoir, Jimmy. Good to be able to put a face to the name.

He makes a small pause, wondering if Jimmy would talk to Zero about the transmission he received from Maxime.

Tu veux une boisson? You should try the "Gallic Pride", its a delicacy.

Remy signals the bartender, asking for the drink

So, what should we discuss first?

With his arm on the table he raises his hand, as if demand the attention.

"Good Question. However, first things first. Jimmy, grab yourself a drink of your choosing, since we gonna be here a while. Je payerai."

Zero clears his throat and takes one of the cigarettes that Jimmy kindly offered.

"But Remy raises a good point, what do we discuss first? While this is a casual visit, and the night is young, there is still that must be discussed. We've already inspected the goods you brought us extensively, I must say, I'm eager to see more."

Zero 's words almost get buried behind his devilish, but innocuous, grin.

"That being said, we should plan for the future. Rousseau mentioned previously to you how there was a potential opportunity here non? Well, as Rousseau's right hand and, Remy here is related to Maxime Moreau, our potential for unification grows. Rousseau had this idea that would, with luck, bring the Brigands closer together, as well as secure ties and strengthen relations with you, Jimmy. We could erect a new Brigand base, overseen by Rousseau and Moreau. We could use this to store all of the equipment and smuggled goods you bring us, as well as a storage point for Cardamine from the outcasts. Just an idea currently, but I thought I should mention it to both of you."

With his piece said, Zero leans back in the comfy, executive, chair to hear the others reactions and responses. All the while passively lighting the cigarette.
"Sure, I'll have that Gallic Pride Remy suggested, if it's alright."

Jimmy listened intently as Zero explained his plan. "Hey I'm all for good causes, if the price is right" he said with a small laugh "but yeah, havin' the Brigands all together sounds like a good step forward. Your Mr Rousseau and Mr Moreau" he gave Remy the briefest of knowing looks "are welcome partners as far as the Rat Pack is concerned."

Tapping the ash from the end of his cigarette into a nearby tray, Jimmy continued "The shared base idea has got a lot of potential, it'll be a lot easier on my guys if we don't need to go through half of Gallia to deliver. Ain't much in the way of H-Fuel up here after all, and I reckon the guys over at Misaki will start to put two and two together soon enough, you know?
In fact the Pack and I have been workin' on somethin' similar only a bit more...Mobile. Somethin' we could use your help in acquirin' but we'll talk about that after."

He took a quick drag and exhaled a puff of smoke "As for product well there's plenty more where that came from and I can tell you Ted had a blast with that Nox stuff so he'll be wantin' a lot more of it. That goes double for the Prometheum. I've got word that a few government poindexters wanna get their hands on it, so yeah big credits. Anythin' in particular you guys are wantin' in return?"

The bartender comes over, handing Remy the drink he ordered. He takes the drink and looks over to Jimmy.

It is great to know that the nox and prometheum we gave you is selling well outside of Gallia.

He pauses, lighting his cigarrete before he continued to speak.

I have some things that I would like to know if you could bring to Gallia in a large number.

Remy takes a drag from the cigarrete and continues to speak.

I believe I might be able to make use of those hounds and animals you brought last time, as well as that 'synth weed' or however it was called. The people I showed those things to seemed quite interested in buying.

He makes a small pause, trying to remember what else he wanted to buy from Jimmy.

Oh! Thats right. I could also need you to bring some of those 'unpaid workers" as you called them, to Picardy. There has been a recent influx on the search for blackmarket organs and it is both faster and easier for us if we extracted them from your slaves. That way it saves us time and avoids raising any major suspicion around us.

"That's what I like to hear" said Jimmy, defty drawing a pad from inside his jacket. "So you want the hounds, wildlife, synth weed and 'unpaid workers'. Sounds like Ted is gonna be a regular up this way, do me a solid and limit his bar tabs to 4,000 credits yeah?"

Smirking slightly at his own joke he added "Anythin' else for this shoppin' list?"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7