Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Drunk DiscoMod (Mod of a mod for SP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whenever I get home drunk I end up making edits to Discovery's ini files for use on my own server. Thought I'd throw them out to the public as they may be interesting for someone who hasn't yet seen the SRP ships Discovery offers.

Make a copy of your discovery installation, rename it to something like "I will never attempt to connect to the server using this" and copy the files into it.

Run Freelancer.exe not DSlauncher or it'll update and replace the modded files (You'll still get banned if you attempt to connect to DiscoveryGC with the modded installation even after running DSLauncer/DSUpdate)

Uninstall = Delete whole installation folder.

These edits can be frustrating as there was no effort put into balancing. So instead it's just pure cheatlancer.

[Notes]

- *Update* = In the update folder of the drive.

- Manhattan now sells all codes (Including thunderwave, slightly modded proj speed though). Also sells cloaks, cloaking disruptors event equip and misc equip. (now the nemp torp cus it stopped crashing my game for whatever reason.) use flserver to test cloaks

- Couldn't be bothered to add engines but may get around to it one day

- only level 18+ npcs will spawn, lots of caps floating around. and increased spawn rate.

- Ammo requirements are no longer a thing, cloaks don't use cloaking batteries but still require at least 1 to activate.

- Some event weapons have no effects, either because I broke something or because you bought the wrong weapon version.

- May cause lag on older PCs

- Energy is no longer a thing

- Mount any weapon on anything

- Wraith may be modded, can't remember but seems like something I would do as it's my favorite ship in the game

- Titan Armor is purchasable

- Semi-updated Alley.dll meaning you can now roleplay as Sindroms in your own server using commands such as .Aicreate, .Aifollow, .Playsound, .Fleetlist. .Fleetcreate(? or maybe it's .aifleet)

- Strange bugs may occur!

- Offline ganking!

- Removed Purchase restrictions "ERR Incorrect ID" *Update*

- Tundra Forward gun now has a range of more than 0 (Devs cut the cannon I think. Or broke it. Either way it works again now) *Update*

- Admin Cannon and all new capital missiles are now purchasable including the Nightmare Torpedo *Update*

- Startracker / Starflier restored (well they're at least usable w/ weapon mounts) *Update*

- A kind reminder that you're running a modded version of Discovery in the main menu.

- A free ban with every connection to DiscoveryGC's server while running this mod.

[Ships]

- Not all the special ships but the ones I could find and thought were interesting (If I've missed anything except the Imperial Yacht, let me know)

li01_01_Base - Manhattan
Vargrant
Feanturi
Obsidian

li01_02_base - Pittsburg
Adad
Marduk

li01_03_base - Missouri
no2_elite - Rabisu, not unique my bad Sad
Tundra
Persephone

li01_07_base - Norfolk Shipyard
Necrosis
Startracker

rh01_01_Base - Berlin
Seeker
Irra
Marduk - whoops a duplicate

Ku01_01_base - Tokyo
Nammu2
Outcast Light Carrier Prototype
Anzu

br01_01_base - London
Sun Crusher
Artillery
Starflier

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You WILL be banned if you connect to the main server while using this
Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing
You WILL be banned if you connect to the main server while using this

The "Capital Spam Only" file only edits NPC spawns. Nothing else.

People have probably already done stuff like this before and posted it but this one is mine.

[Image: s3LhFfT.jpg]
[Image: LG8cfKo.jpg]
[Image: LkTSTjR.jpg]
[Image: zC1yjpX.jpg]
[Image: CC9ilOs.jpg]
[Image: E2K9usa.jpg]
[Image: PvYHUXg.jpg]
[Image: DvV3X6K.jpg]
[Image: 1ajWZN1.png]
[Image: r2B4EO0.jpg]
"turret lost"

Did I mention there's a small chance of 100% that if you use this mod and connect to the server you will be banned.
Wait this is an actual thing? You are a legend man, I've been looking for this kind of stuff for a loooooong time now

Edit: question, since disco has an anticheat implemented into your own private server, could you use that to test if you need to reinstall the game and for it to certify and files that are still flagged?

Also do you make any plans to add a few extra things in the future or nah?
If your server is running off these ini files then it'll ban you if you connect with any other alterations within certain files like "Equipment, market_blabla, shiparch" I'm not 100% sure if you can be banned for NPC population. But it's never worth testing it.

To stay on the safe side. Just have a copy folder of the entire disco mod. And I'd personally just delete "DSLauncher" so that installation is incapable of connecting to DiscoveryGC without further tweaks.
Another question, how much variety does this aicreate have, meaning can it spawn basically anything? Or just the still collective that's already in the files of aicreate?
Ah that's part of Alley's npc thing. You can make your own NPC loadouts and stuff but it takes a little bit of tinkering. doing .aicreate just spawns a braindead NPC that doesn't do much until you start shooting it.

What you want is .aifleet. Which you can get a list of pre-designed fleets by using the admin command .fleetlist. These functions will only work on your server though as they're FLHook plugins. You can find the config file in \Freelancer\EXE\flhook_plugins I think it's Alley_npc.cfg.

To create custom NPC loadouts you'll need to make or modify an entry in \Freelancer\DATA\SHIPS\loadout.ini

I never added too much to the fleets as I found the nomad ships and Gallic / Rheinland ships were kind of enough to play about with. But I think I added some Wraiths with full Silverfire loadouts
Alright, so npc's seem to be doing it's job, getting around is difficult which is great, now for the commands. AIcreate is working as normal, but it appears your new commands that you added into the list are not there, any idea what i'm doing wrong? all i'm doing is straight up trying to do .aifollow so far, tried it before and after spawning npc's

says the command does not even exist.

The only things i downloaded was the "mod unpacked" folder, haven't touched any others if it means anything.
I didn't add those. Alley did. I'll test it to see but they should be working.
http://i.imgur.com/B4FKvz2.jpg

Just loaded up the same installation, maybe you didn't replace alley.dll? that's the only thing I could think of that wouldn't allow you to access those commands.
Lmao Sun Crusher is so.....Wow
Sun Crusher is funny because it's so big I can't load it into MilkShape to steal it
Pages: 1 2 3