Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Upcomming and recent SAIR changes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would really like to know the reason why sairs are being seen as a weak faction by the devs. Sairs are being pushed back on all fronts and their territories are being taken out one by one in the name of activity. The only argument pepole are saying is "sairs cant fight on all fronts". But seemingly RHA and rheinland are fine moving their assets into sair territory freely as they wish. Is there any real reason why sairs are being deleted slowly from the game, do the devs really think that sairs are that weak inrp ?

EDIT: Not to mention SCRA would like to share half of the system that is one jump from our gaurd system cuz why not "sairs cant fight on all directions so they woudnt risk a war with SCRA"

we got a base in sigma somewhere
(TBH leaders didnt ask or knew about this.)
and one of the bases was moved to kappa
we lost another base that was made into johnsons depot in Omega
we lost Mindelo and got the base in Frankfurt overnight
corsair destroyer not done after a year +
Correct me if I'm wrong. But from what you're saying, I'm getting the understanding that player driven roleplay isn't really a thing and what people do doesn't matter because the devs will just do what they want? Just to clarify
(07-14-2017, 06:54 PM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong. But from what you're saying, I'm getting the understanding that player driven roleplay isn't really a thing and what people do doesn't matter because the devs will just do what they want? Just to clarify

Player driver roleplay will never be a thing because friends will never invade each other even though they are sworn enemies inrp (do i need to mention the factions that do this???), I dont even want to talk about the next part of the sentence.
(07-14-2017, 06:57 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2017, 06:54 PM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong. But from what you're saying, I'm getting the understanding that player driven roleplay isn't really a thing and what people do doesn't matter because the devs will just do what they want? Just to clarify

Player driver roleplay will never be a thing because friends will never invade each other even though they are sworn enemies inrp (do i need to mention the factions that do this???), I dont even want to talk about the next part of the sentence.

Except Freeport 11 is a Player driven thing, despite it being inevitable inrp.

It's just that things that don't make sense at all don't make it into lore, it would be inconsistant.
Is that so, though? The Corsairs have Omicron Gamma, Omicron Xi and Omicron Omega, each of those systems with a shipyard and multiple bases. They even have some economy, which is already more than the red hessians have while both factions are surrounded by enemies. The Corsairs are pretty fine with what they are given. If any NPC faction needs a nerf though, it would be the red hessians as there is a hilarious lack of economy.
(07-14-2017, 06:58 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2017, 06:57 PM)Jessitrescott Wrote: [ -> ]

Except Freeport 11 is a Player driven thing, despite it being inevitable inrp.

It's just that things that don't make sense at all don't make it into lore, it would be inconsistant.

i heard core and zoner players really liked each other in RL.....oh wait !!!
Maybe the Sairs should ally with Bretonia instead of Gallia? That's one front less. Smile

(07-14-2017, 06:58 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]If any NPC faction needs a nerf though, it would be the red hessians as there is a hilarious lack of economy.

Agreed. Could even happen, if the Sairs allied with Bretonia.
Irrelevant. You can have situations where two people who like each other pushing against each other, such as Lyth and Pepe, or Harmony/LSF against LN.

Though, circlejerking, or 'controled situations' in favour of one, an outcome is entirely another problem for a different place.
(07-14-2017, 06:58 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]Is that so, though? The Corsairs have Omicron Gamma, Omicron Xi and Omicron Omega, each of those systems with a shipyard and multiple bases. They even have some economy, which is already more than the red hessians have while both factions are surrounded by enemies. The Corsairs are pretty fine with what they are given. If any NPC faction needs a nerf though, it would be the red hessians as there is a hilarious lack of economy.

The problem is sairs are slowly being deleted from the omicron's and devs are pushing us into a more of a "house piracy side". Also the sairs have multiple shipyard stuff doesnt really work inrp because i see we're slowly being deleted from all the sides(sairs have shipyards but cant produce enough stuff), we're just being erased slowly in the name of inrp activity really.

we are just losing stuff and it's pretty demotivating for the playerbase (how could have Corsairs spread so much and suddenly start losing everything without doing stuff of any relevance)
also, we have no progress in our story whatsoever, we just lose stuff and gain nothing maybe some insignificant stuff thats spread so far away that we even didnt really ask for or makes sense inrp. I bet they will get deleted sooner enough as well.
My opinion is:
Omicrons are dead, so the Sairs are not important there.
Rheinland is dead, so Sairs are unimportant there aswell.
Bretonia is at war with Gallia, so Sairs could be used there against the BAF, but Valors are "cooler".
Sairs are boring and have bad ships, so: uninteresting.
Sair rp is boring aswell cuz Outcasts have the relationship to the Noms so the Outcasts are cool, Sairs are boring.

But I think the Sairs are better than the Outcasts since the Sairs can raid Munich to obtain resources (Aluminium) or Dublin (Gold). They should be better than the Outcasts. I would fly Sairs if they weren't that bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4