Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I played on the server briefly a few years ago, glad to see it's still up.
Any tips for a newbie?
Anyone willing to show me the ropes?

See you in space!
Hi! Welcome to Discovery! (sun)

Just fly around, watch other people doing RP, explore the Sirius sector, read the rules and the laws and play within the limitations of your current ID! Smile
Hey there mate! Welcome back to Discovery! Smile

As for tips, I believe this link to be very helpful for newcomers. If you got questions, feel free to hit one of these guys up with any questions you want to have answered. Either by finding them ingame with their [Helper] tag or PMing them on the forums.

Most importantly though, have fun and enjoy the environment the server is offering! Smile
I'm no stranger to RP, and have read most of the rules (not the faction ones mind you). Too be honest though my freelancer lore sucks. Hope it won't be a problem.

Thanks for your quick replies, just wondering what your advice would be for starting out as a miner?

I just don't know which /restart command would be the best choice for someone starting out from scratch.

Also know anyone willing to hire me up faction wise? I'm good at taking orders and have too much free time on my hands.

I additionally made an AI player named AP-9 that I'm thinking about playing at a later date, I know there isn't much interaction between AI and much of the rest of the community.
Welcome to the server.

Depending on what kind of faction you are looking for, you should maybe start by checking the Official or Unofficial factions section of the forum.

If you are looking to become a miner, you might want to try out IMG or BMF. Both are nice options for that.
For basic beginner helium miner Use command :
/restart beginner
That will give you nearly perfect helium miner ( then buy and equip 4 more light mining array on Erie) which you can use to make quick bucks by shooting small asteroids ( use only light mining arrays in weapon group to shoot, not all guns, and fire only from cocpit view for best results) in nebula 15k behind planet Erie, then sell helium on same planet .
You can also mine for big transports, they pay you for it more than you can earn by your self.