Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Boss made a ship!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So...Last night I was bored. I fired up MQO and Milkshape and started playing with the models I have; the Liberty ships in 3ds.

I mangled my first attempt at a two-seater Guardian, but then my second try at beating on an Avenger worked.

(kinda)

It's not a submission, won't ever be unless a) We need a new Liberty bomber (which we don't), b) we need a Liberty Armored Transport thing (we do), and then from column B: a) I learn how to texture it and b) I remake it.

I'd need to remake it because I was tired and didn't think about the consequences of just pulling its cockpit through its back. -.-

Anyways. Rant over. Trash my poor modeling skills!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/Ji...s/Protector.png

(linked due to large size)
Oh good god I want to vomit.

New design, suits the bomber idea, unfortunately not sure if there is space for it though.
It could become a recon ship though? With advanced sensors etc in it, hence the extra size?
i like non-symetrical ships.... but although it looks of course liberty-ish.... the wings are wrong. - they are usually swapped forward... so unless its intended that the front is back ... the eye always wants to turn the wings around.

but its a nice concept.

about a bomber - we have a new liberty bomber Upholder
about an armoured transport - we get the grizzly

both thanks to Xing
' Wrote:It's not a submission, won't ever be unless a) We need a new Liberty bomber (which we don't), b) we need a Liberty Armored Transport thing (we do), and then from column B: a) I learn how to texture it and b) I remake it.

See above.

EDIT: Linkus I'ma slap you.
Hey guys, has anyone seen my Executioner? Guys?

*Finds this thread*

HOLY....

Actually, it's not bad. Although I'd prefer the cockpit and tail thing in the center. That would be a rather nice bomber actually.. perhaps like the predecessor to Xing's bomber, the Upholder.
A good attemps but i personally like symetrical ships,and like Jinx said the wing are not Libertyish
TIE Bomber.

The wings need work, but as a basic concept it could actually be a neat LN SHF/recon-type-thingy.
it is ugly.... but I like idea of non-symetric ship but not for LN (Junkers, civilian maybe)
I can fix the wings...if someone explains how to do it without screwing over the whole model...

Anyways.

I'm going to restart the model later today, and hopefully incorporate those suggestions *evil grin*
very different....
Pages: 1 2 3