Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Factions and trader id...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a little question, somewhere in the rules it says a faction cannot use more than one rule? yes?
but if that faction wanted to have a few traders, say the golden chrysanthemums, would they be able to use a trader id, or do they have to use the GC id?

Because if you have a gc id, they dont have to demand cargo or money, they can just say, "oooh looky here a gc trader... prepare to die!"
Im guessing?

but with a trader id it would make them have to demand cargo, what would the police have to do aswell? tell them to leave the system?

Saigo.
Having a GC ID on a trader would limit you to bases that allow GC to dock on.
Alternatively i would recommend a smuggler ID with your standard GC IFF and faction tag on the name.
That would be here ... http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1746

And this is the rule:

Quote:ID Tag Rules

When a faction is being created, leader chooses an ID that all its members will equip. Having this ID is essential for all characters of the faction who reached level 40.

It is possible for any faction or any group to choose any ID that they like. Including even IDs that were already taken by system-owning factions, Neutral ID and Freelancer ID. The latter two IDs are quite easy to get, so if the group does not want to be NPC-aligned, they are the proper choice.

However, not all IDs or NPC affiliation will grant your faction right to have the home system.

Hoodlum
Personally I don't see much of a problem with using the GC ID. In my opinion, my enemies, the Hogosha, KNF, and Farmers Alliance, SHOULD blow me to pieces if they see me, and not worry about my cargo. Thats one reason my Kiretsu transport has a GC ID, and to fit in with the Kiretsu's GC alignment.

Anyway, I'm not even sure if they can out-right kill you just because your GC ID, because I think its if your flying a transport, they must demand cargo from you, not just Trader ID. Else GC and BD could just kill Samura transports without demanding cargo..

Hoodlum, some clarification here?
Ah thanks Hoodlum and what i mean is, i wouldnt say its oorp, but the rules are a bit dodgy on it, thats all. I would "hope" that having a transport would mean they wouldnt blow you up straight away for your id.
Also what about if a faction has a id that doesnt allow trading, would they be allowed to use a trader id, so they can do some rp, getting supplies or something?
For a very long time, I did just that, flying a train with GC taggs and ID...I mostly worked in bretonia, who seem to like GC.

Anyways, I operated under the assumption that I was a GC, not a trader, in terms of the rules..that is, people who were hostile to the GC could simply kill me, and not demand anything, but for the most part, everyone demanded credits.

I also found that operating as a GC gave me a lot of friends in low places, if you know what I mean.
What about, say the MM's if they ever wanted to rp them getting supplies, and they cannot use the merc id, cause it doesnt allow them, what would they do then? apply for a special rp?
What you would keep in mind is who and what you're trading to support.

For example, until we got into the whole ID issue with 4.85 coming out, APM ships had trader ID's and BHG IFF. (Which provided some amusing RP encounters, when pirates suddenly saw 5 BH IFF's on their scanners - and it turned out that 4 of them were transports). Now, with the rule and ship restrictions of 4.85, all of our ships have Interspace IFF and ID's, so that we can continue flying large ships - and we still maintain our close affiliation with the S/D.

What you would have to do is look at the size of ship you want to fly - and then see how large of a ship your ID that you NEED is going to allow you to fly. You may have to use the ID of an actual trading firm, but then keeping the IFF of the GC would show your affiliation.
' Wrote:Having a GC ID on a trader would limit you to bases that allow GC to dock on.
Alternatively i would recommend a smuggler ID with your standard GC IFF and faction tag on the name.

The real question is with regard to "law abiding" traders. If they are truly law abiding traders (with Trader ID or corporate ID) they would never be caught dead near an unlawful base or planet.
RHA has a full [RHA] named, tagged and IDed trading ship.

And it well worth having since you can go places you'd not really (or go rarely) go otherwise with your fighters. Like Alpha taking Eng Comps from Yanagi. And supplying your outer bases nobody visites otherwise.

I know the profits are not that good, but it gives a whole new dimension to the RP. And even the profits are going to get fixed in 4.85 I hear.

So in my opinion you don't need a trader IDed or smuggler IDed ship in a faction.