Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Carriers - Idea!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So carriers are pretty cool... Or at least they will be even cooler when docking modules will be implemented. But hey, there is the beacon we can use .

I'd like to propose something additional , however, JUST for carriers.

We all know it is possible to spawn NPCs. Spazzy does it all the time. What if Carriers could spawn NPCs? Special balanced ones?
This would be a special docking module I guess that would let them do it. A hanger bay.

With a bit of coding and what not, I am sure this would be something cool to add which would make the carriers a lot more attractive , eh?
Wasn't there a huge thread about this like a year ago already?
(07-17-2017, 04:02 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So carriers are pretty cool... Or at least they will be even cooler when docking modules will be implemented. But hey, there is the beacon we can use .

I'd like to propose something additional , however, JUST for carriers.

We all know it is possible to spawn NPCs. Spazzy does it all the time. What if Carriers could spawn NPCs? Special balanced ones?
This would be a special docking module I guess that would let them do it. A hanger bay.

With a bit of coding and what not, I am sure this would be something cool to add which would make the carriers a lot more attractive , eh?

Oh yes I already see the moans about ganks with NPC Carrier spawn.
wouldn't that cause massive lag? the server is unstable as it is
That would require more than a bit of coding. You'd need an FLHook plugin for that, you'd need to create new NPC groups with new loadouts for each specific carrier, and then you have to deal with the troubles technically caused by the NPCs, as for example commanding them is currently very very limited. Nice idea, not the first time this was suggested, that for sure, but that will never happen.
(07-17-2017, 04:08 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]That would require more than a bit of coding. You'd need an FLHook plugin for that, you'd need to create new NPC groups with new loadouts for each specific carrier, and then you have to deal with the troubles technically caused by the NPCs, as for example commanding them is currently very very limited. Nice idea, not the first time this was suggested, that for sure, but that will never happen.

You could make a specific piece of equipment, pre designed for each origin, which would set the sort of npcs spawned and the commands to do it.

In the end, it's a whole new flhook that needs to be created, balanced, tested, and implemented, without bugging the rest of the mod. It might be possible, but not enough manpower and skill to establish a defined timetable for it's implementation.
Ah well, I guess the idea will stay in fractured space, then :c
You can spawn NPCs, but you have absolutely no control over them or who they attack. Which is the issue with NPC events in Liberty. Nice for LNS people wishing to dust off their caps. Bad for the odd poor gull that got a bit too close to the action.
Simply, no.