Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vanilla Asset Upgrade Project [Jump Gate] [Updated 1/7/19]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I'll update the thread title depending on which upgraded vanilla asset is being posted here. This will include textures, ship models, station models, skyboxes, and planets.

Next on the list is the venerable Jump Gate. Unless you play exclusively in the Omicrons or deep Omegas, this is a model almost all of us see every time we log in. The model below is still heavily work in progress. Right now I am focusing on carving out the basic shapes with a more modern poly count, actual detailing, which will be based on the textures where applicable, will follow.

[Image: IPlcR]

The poll will be added once the model is fully textured.

PREVIOUS ASSET UPGRADES

It looks good, why not?
I find it interesting. The best part about it is that it's just an overhaul of the existing thing. Really just an upgrade rather that a completely new thing. Which is fine as it will be the same thing, in terms of theme and atmosphere it creates, but just sweeter to the eye.

So in my opinion it's good. Voted yay.
Looks great Smile
It's high quality, not too different from vanilla. As long as the stuff stays in theme and is just HD, you have my go.
vanilla is better
(07-19-2017, 10:40 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]It's high quality, not too different from vanilla. As long as the stuff stays in theme and is just HD, you have my go.

Like I said in the OP, that's the idea. This is an upgrade project, not a replacement project.
Go for it, Durandal.
Any possibility this will remain optional?
(07-19-2017, 10:46 AM)DannyD Wrote: [ -> ]Any possibility this will remain optional?

If this is implemented, it would become the default. To override it you would need to do some editing to replace the new planet archetype added, as the existing ones will be kept as legacy archetypes and thus whatever you used to try to revert it or change it to another upgrade pack would be referencing an archetype which is no longer used in the system.

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: It'll be a bit of a pain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9