Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [LN] Liberty Navy First Fleet Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Vice Admiral Stephanie Gray
TARGET ID: Recruitment Frequency
SUBJECT: Recruits and resubmitting theory evaluations.
ENCRYPTION: Public
PRIORITY: Medium

Greetings, pilots.

Due to recent internal changes and structural shifts of key aspects of the Liberty Navy, many of your theory evaluations have been lost. If your application was left unprocessed before recruitment was closed, could you please resubmit these theory tests to my inbox. Any applicants who have lost their electronic copies of their tests and are unable to recover them must take the new test in order to gain acceptance into the Liberty Navy. However, it should be noted that this test is a lot less long-winded and your biography need not be resubmitted.

However, recruit [color=#33CC00]Roy Sanders
, your theory papers were not lost and as such everything checks out and you have been accepted. Proceed to the nearest Navy depot and outfit a BDR-337 "Executioner" class fighter using our naming convention of [LN]-Firstname.Lastname and acquire the Liberty Navy IFF and ID transponders. After a trial of 8 hours of flight in those, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to the rank of Ensign, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

Office of Vice Admiral Gray

[font=agency fb]****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****

Name: James Flinte
Birthplace: Planet Manhatten
Height: 1,76 m
Weight: 79 kg
Relatives: None. All Relatives are dead
Previous Fields of Work: None
Experience: Been in the training pod for over 5 hours a day for 2 years
Timezone: -3 GMT

Ever since a kid, his dream was to fly for the Navy, even when he was still a kid with a bit more than 6 years, just watching those Military parades made him proud to be a Libertonian.
He was created in a foster home, his parents where never found.
When he was 18 he joined the Navy academy, graduated with honor when he was 22 but he broke his leg, and had to wait 2 years entil he got all his old agility back. While in those 2 years he trained and trained in the simulator pod. Waiting for his turn. He is now ready to fight and die for the Nation he loves. Liberty.

[color=#33FF33]

****END OF TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: [color=#99FFFF]Lachlan Talmont
TARGET ID: Liberty Forces Recruting Centre
SUBJECT: Another Bloody Application
ENCRYPTION: Low
PRIORITY: Low

Evenin' Ladies and Gents.

Quote:
...Voice Recognition, Active...
...Retrieving File...
...13%...50%...87%...99%...
...Complete...

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Lachlan Morgan Talmont
Height: 187cm
Weight: 77kg

SOCIAL BACKGROUND
Birthplace: Beaumont Base, Texas.
Known Family:
  • Merissa Talmont (Mother) - Housewife
  • William 'Toother' Talmont (Father) - Salvager
  • Samantha O'Keefe (De-facto) - Mineral Surveyor
  • Samuel Talmont - Son (Born: 814AS)
  • Jess Talmont - Daughter (Born: 816A.S)
Previous fields of work: Salvager.

INDUCTION TRAINING - NAVAL
Initial training undertaken: Y
Facilities: Selection Course Charlie, Planet Houston, Texas.
Course Commander: Lieutenant Gregory Baker
Overall Grade: B
Recommended for entry:Y
Other Comments:

Candidate Talmont is an unusual individual, whether for better or worse is open to interpretation. Bearing in mind his background; section Commanders were instructed to keep a close eye on his activities. Nothing suspicious was uncovered; however, Talmont appeared to struggle to integrate fully with his section. He is capable of sharing a joke and/or a drink with the other candidates, but appeared to have difficulty finding social 'common ground.' Probably due to the age gap present in the section (closest other candidate was 26.)

Despite this, Talmont did well on navigation and problem solving exercises (particularly time-limited puzzles.) He shows some potential as a leader, though his acceptance of authority is questionable. No incident of direct insubordination occurred; rather his persistent questioning of orders, regardless of the rank of those issuing them. On one occasion; when acting as section commander during a water-crossing task, the candidate did not build a raft as suggested, instead diverting the river in order to allow for passage of supply vehicles.

MISCELLANIOUS
Operational time differential: SMT +10.
SKYP-3 Transponder: david.ripper
Blood Type: O+

Well, that'd be the report now. There isn't tonnes to add, y'know, besides why I'm here. Well, I'm not some kid running around looking for thrills, but, you've already gathered that. I'm not here to spy on you either, so you can drop that idea. It's not something we do. Not to friends, at any rate. From what I've seen so far, there's a few of you Navy-types I'd consider friends. Not your bloody bit-in-the-jaw drill instructor though, you can keep him.

I'm a Junker. Bet you've got that one on your files. I was, anyway, as far as it's possible to leave. Heard you lads have a similar saying. No such thing as an ex-marine. Lived that life for a while, scavenging the void, chippin' at stars. You know, all the poetic nonsense they stuff in to you from day one. Would've kept going forever, just happened to get lucky I guess. Oh, would be about ten years back now. Pulled a new lass onto the crew, mineral surveyor. She was supposed to help us out, pull something new in.

Well, short version, a few things happened and I've ended up with two beautiful children. Living out in the black's nice, but it's no way to bring the kids up. Samuel was born a couple of years back, and we packed up and moved off to Newark a little after, it's not much, but Samantha pulled a job working part-time for Interspace. It wasn't luxury, but we got by. Once Jess turned up though, things got a little more complicated. Pulled up a few things that'd been following me around for a while.

I spent a decent chunk of my life... Well, perhaps I could've done better. Convinced myself that I wasn't a part of it, that it didn't matter. Liberty that is. If you've met one of us, you'll know just how big a thing family is... Leaving the rest of the Junkers, well, it broadened my understanding. Sam plays with Libertonian kids, watches Libertonian broadcasts (when she's in the mood to let him.). He'€™s no different from them. Hell, I don'€™t think I could convince him otherwise if I tried. All this 'Junker's first' nonsense... Doesn't mean a thing to him. Shows me how shallow I was for believing it.

Well, it's hard not to draw something from that. I want my kids to grow up somewhere safe, somewhere where they can just be themselves. Aye, Liberty is a long damn way from perfect, but it'€™s close enough to be worth saving, close enough to be worth protecting.

Just let me protect it.

Signed,

Lachlan Talmont

SUBJECT: New Recruits

Greetings, pilots.

Recruits [color=#33CC00]Lachlan Talmont
and James Flinte, you have both been accepted into the ranks of the Liberty Navy. Proceed to the nearest Navy depot and outfit a BDR-337 "Executioner" class fighter using our naming convention of [LN]-Firstname.Lastname and acquire the Liberty Navy IFF and ID transponders. After a trial period of 8 hours of flight in the Executioner, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to the rank of Ensign once you report your completion of these prerequisites in the Liberty Navy's Message Frequency, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

Recruit Lachlan Talmont, if you could please report to me over SKYP-3 for a brief interview and a look over your theory paper, and you'll be all set for flight after that.

SUBJECT: New Recruits

Greetings, pilots.

Recruit [color=#33CC00]Jason May
, we have managed to recover your theory paper and as such you have been accepted into the ranks of the Liberty Navy. Proceed to the nearest Navy depot and outfit a BDR-337 "Executioner" class fighter using our naming convention of [LN]-Firstname.Lastname and acquire the Liberty Navy IFF and ID transponders. After a trial period of 8 hours of flight in the Executioner, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to the rank of Ensign once you report your completion of these prerequisites in the Liberty Navy's Message Frequency, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

All other recruits who have failed to hand in their theory papers have been denied the privilege of joining the Liberty Navy. However, you are free to reapply in two weeks if you are willing to resubmit all the necessary paperwork on time.

*** Incoming Transmission ***
To: Liberty Navy Recruitment comm
Subject: Recruit

Hi, my name is Dorian Rush, I'€™m 21 and live on Manhattan. I have black hair and brown eyes, 5.9m tall and about 75Kg. I was born and raised on Manhattan and, my mother being an Officer in the LSF and my father a veteran in the LN, honour is in my blood. So far I have only been freelancing while picking up minor jobs for killing some rogues out in the fields around NY, but I want to serve and protect this nation from continuous threats of pirates and smugglers, and therefore want to continue in my parents footsteps. I'€™m a good pilot, specially against these rookies that the LH and Rogues have, not lost one fight and never will, with the right skills I can become better then most pilots.
The LN is the best Liberty has and I want to be part of that. Let me know as soon as possible please, as I am eager to join in the name of Liberty.

Dorian Rush

*** End Of Transmission ***
*INCOMING TRANSMISSION*

COMM SENDER: Mark Lin
COMM RECIPIENT: Liberty Navy Recruitment
SUBJECT: Recruitment Application

I, Mark Lin, would like to request to join the Liberty Navy.
I am very enthusiastic about this employment, and strongly hope that you will approve my application.
I have attached my Biography, and also sent my Application Forms and Entrance Test to Vice Admiral Stephanie Gray as requested.

Biography Details:

Name: Mark Lin
Birthplace: New London
Height/Weight: 184cm/86kg
Relatives: Most family still live in New London, some moved to Manhattan.
Previous Fields of Work: N/A
//Experience (Real Life): Not much experience in Discovery (been playing a Freelancer character for a bit) but quite a bit of freelancer vanilla experience. First official faction recruitment request.
//Timezone (Real Life): GMT +10
S-KYP3 Protocol: astrablish
Summary:
Mark was born in New London to a family of ship maintenance tradition. With his father being an ship engineering consultant, his mother an engine inspector, and his elder brother off in Liberty working for Deep Space Engineering, Mark grew up accustomed to assortments of fighters, and immediately strived to obtain a career in this field as well.

However, when he was 13, his parents sent him away to his elder brother in the New York system, as they believed this would be both beneficial for Mark's career, and to his elder brother, who constantly longed for a return to New London. Mark and his brother lived on Planet Manhattan, where Mark developed a large respect and admiration of Liberty and its management. He decided to scrap his previous ambitions, and to pursue a career in the Liberty Navy, and began attending an advanced flight combat course, paid for by his brother's wealth.

Mark continues to maintain his strong desire to join the Liberty Navy, and has fully developed psychologically to believe in all of Liberty's laws and views, which includes a strong hatred of Rheinland and its people. However, despite a neutral relationship between Bretonia and Liberty, Mark still has fond memories of home, and is very welcome and friendly with Bretonian citizens and also members of the Bretonian armed forces.

*END TRANSMISSION*

SUBJECT: Recruits

Greetings, pilots.

Recruit [color=#33CCFF]Mark Lin
, your theory papers are fine and your background checks are all in order. You have been accepted. Proceed to the nearest Navy depot and outfit a BDR-337 "Executioner" class fighter using our naming convention of [LN]-Firstname.Lastname and acquire the Liberty Navy IFF and ID transponders. After a trial of 8 hours of flight in those, and with the transponders set, you will be promoted to the rank of Ensign, and join the real ranks of the Navy.

Recruit Dorian Rush, your application has been rejected. Your theory papers had an array of errors and your background check was ambiguous at best. You are free to reapply in three weeks should you wish to improve these two aspects.

****INCOMING MESSAGE****

Name: Alexander McKay
[color=#3333FF]Age:
Birthplace: Manhattan
Height: 1.76 m
Weight: 61 kg
Relatives: John McKay(father) - dead
Elizabeth McKay (mother) - dead
Previous Field of Work: None
Experience: Been playing freelancer since it first appeared but this is my first multiplayer server
Timezone: GMT+2

Alexander was born on Manhattan to a rather poor family. Every day was a struggle for him and his family. His parents fought for him so he could have a normal life as a child. Alexander had a dream. His dream was to fly but he thought it was just a dream as he couldn't afford going to flight school. His parents made it happen and when he was 15 he went to flight school. During the Nomad war his parents were killed. He then swore that after he would finish flight school he would join the Liberty Navy and protect all that is dear to him so that his parent's memories wouldn't perish.
****END OF TRANSMISSION****

COMM ID: Robert West
TARGET ID: Liberty Navy Recruitment
SUBJECT: Brief Biography
ENCRYPTION: Low

To Whom it May Concern,

Attached is a brief physical background and biography. My thanks in advance to the Office of Recruitment for taking the time to handle my application. I look forward to hopefully serving with the fine officers of the Liberty Navy in short time.

Regards,

Robert West
[font=agency fb]****BEGIN ATTACHMENT****
Demographics:

Name: [color=#FFFFFF]West, Robert William

Birthplace: Planet Houston, Texas System
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 88 kgs
Relatives of Note: Cmdr. James Farley (Ret.), Liberty Navy
Previous Fields of Work: Part Time Assistant, Ageria Technologies, Lane Maintenance Division
Experience: Outside of your basic space flight, not very much.
// Timezone: GMT -6 (US Central)
S-KYP3 Communication Handle: "warbirdadmral"

Biography:

*taps the mic*

Ahem... right. At the ripe age of 23, I suppose it's time for me to send this in. I've been putting it off for two or three years now, between work and apprehension. But I'm finally read to pull the trigger, which brings this application to your desk now.

As you can see from the previous pages, I was born and raised in the Texas system. I call Planet Houston "home," though these days I'm actually in space so much that I don't know which direction to head at the end of shifts. My father has spent most of his natural life working for Ageria Technologies as an engineer, which should explain how I landed the maintenance assistant job there. Though, I've never been much for Ageria... of course, I've never been a real "chip off the block" in any sense of the phrase. My parents are both pretty aggressive pacifists, if that makes any sense. Ever since this mess of a war the Rheinland, they've been in and out of protests. Hell, they'd have dragged me out to some sign-toting rally every weekend if I'd have it.

But that's never been me. No, I take more to my uncle Jim. His stories of his service in the Southern Alliance, then transfer to the Liberty Navy really brings the tensions with Rheinland to full color. He's been there, you know? I don't know that that applies too much to this application, but it's worth mentioning that he's probably the main reason you're reading this now... well, that or my distaste for my parent's constant complaints about this war.

But now I'm here, so I'm sure you want all the details. I'm proud, and always have been proud to boast a clean record with the LPI, of course I expect you've already dug that up as well. I imagine between that and the clearance needed to do even the most minor repairs on lane equipment should speak for itself.

I don't have much flying experience... then again, I guess that's what pre-commission training is for, right? I always pester uncle Jim to show me the ropes--take his personal craft for a spin, and show me how he flew back in his Navy days--but he always plays it off on being "too rusty" or "too tired." I know better. He's dodging the pending scolding from my mother if he ever took me out for a joy ride, and I understand his pain.

Nevertheless, here I am. I'm determined to live up to his reputation as a quality officer in the Navy, if you'll have me. Guess that's about it for this application. Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

*reaches forward to stop the recording*
****END TRANSMISSION****